What's the alternative plan?

sage

What would Brian Clough have done?He would have washed his dirty

linen in public.He wouldn't have taken this crap for a minute.Clough jun. is not a chip off the old block i'm

afraid.Genetics has been badly misunderstood.

I think you're right. But then, I also think Brian left us way before his time, and he looking back he would have done things differently.

IMHO

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He ought to have been a bit more diplomatic and should have been prepared to compromise,i agree.But thats

Brian for you and he did pretty good in the end it just wasn't with us.So from his point of view he got it right.

After leaving Derby and then getting sacked from Leeds, don't you think that Brian learned not to 'rock the boat'. Maybe Nigel has learned that valuable lesson well from him. Nothing to be gained at all from going against those who actually own the club. They make the rules and the manager works within them.

After leaving Derby and then getting sacked from Leeds, don't you think that Brian learned not to 'rock the boat'. Maybe Nigel has learned that valuable lesson well from him. Nothing to be gained at all from going against those who actually own the club. They make the rules and the manager works within them.

The part time Wales job episode was a great example of that BCN, I think in his brashset pomp he'd have told the Forest board to stuff it when they blocked him. Plus the fact that he always said he'd never ever quit a job again showed he learned to bite his tongue under SOME circumstances, just not many ;-)

I think those who spent any time with both BC and NC will spot that there are definite common traits in both. Having said that I dont think there were many like his dad before he hit trhe scene and I don't think many more like him will come along either.

Archived