Rams Memorabilia

loweman2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people collect all sorts of tat but you have some incredible stuff here. This is probably the first time I've ever felt jealous over the "memorabilia" someone has.

I dont believe I did [say where I live] MrsRam

Postcode and house number will do fella.

Some people collect all sorts of tat but you have some incredible stuff here. This is probably the first time I've ever felt jealous over the "memorabilia" someone has.

Postcode and house number will do fella.

ok Martin its number .......... hold on a minute sunbeam are you trying it on here ?? at least MrsRam was a bit more honest with her dishonesty !!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Its nice to see other people like some of the stuff, like i said in my first post most of it is up in the loft boxed up which is a shame, i think the greatest thing about the multi signed picture is being able to say i have met every one of those people and shook hands with them, some it has been for a minute but others have turned into a coffee or a pint and i have learned so much about Derby County from them.

The best by a mile was Colin Todd who was an absolute gentleman, first time when he signed the picture was during a training session when they used to train at the baseball ground but play at pride park, I had asked the security if i could go in and told them why, I shouted toddy over and he took one look at the picture and said he was dirty and didnt want to risk ruining it so he took me into the legendary managers office at the baseball ground, sat me down, made me a cup of tea whilst he went off and got changed then came back clean clothed and signed it and spend about 30 minutes telling me some of the great stories of the 70s.

The second time i met him was when he was bradford manager and bobby davison was his number two, i rang up bradford football club to ask where they trained and said i wanted to get bobby to sign a picture, next thing i know is colin todd is on the phone and he had remembered me, he arranged to meet me and my dad after training with Sir Bobby up at the Bradford training ground (which was like a disused school gym !!) and the two of them spent an hour laughing joking and signing the multitude of books etc that we had taken with us, they were both genuine top blokes and made us very very welcome.

The third time i met todd was when he was back in Derby doing a book signing for his autobiography and he remembered me again really nice man and a true derby legend, marco gabiadinni was very welcoming and sat and had a pint a chat at this B&B in York, Brian Clough was of course everything you would expect him to be and became mates with my dad in his later years,

sorry to bore you but the list is endless, i would say there was only probably two people who were in any way rude, one of them i tried to stop him actually signing the picture as i didnt rate him as a player and he took um bridge and still signed it !!! but i wont mention who that was but he was no footballing genius 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

the winners all received a watch and of course a winners FA cup medal and the the pages are the centre pages of a pristine FA cup final programme also signed by the manager and the guys who did not make the team that day, priceless

Go on then........I'll swap you for me girlfriend for the night........ 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Go on then........I'll swap you for me girlfriend for the night........ 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

depends if that is her pic you have as your avatar (is that the word ?) or not froggg, i may need more ? or longer ? or both ?

ok Martin its number .......... hold on a minute sunbeam are you trying it on here ?? at least MrsRam was a bit more honest with her dishonesty !!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Its nice to see other people like some of the stuff, like i said in my first post most of it is up in the loft boxed up which is a shame, i think the greatest thing about the multi signed picture is being able to say i have met every one of those people and shook hands with them, some it has been for a minute but others have turned into a coffee or a pint and i have learned so much about Derby County from them.

The best by a mile was Colin Todd who was an absolute gentleman, first time when he signed the picture was during a training session when they used to train at the baseball ground but play at pride park, I had asked the security if i could go in and told them why, I shouted toddy over and he took one look at the picture and said he was dirty and didnt want to risk ruining it so he took me into the legendary managers office at the baseball ground, sat me down, made me a cup of tea whilst he went off and got changed then came back clean clothed and signed it and spend about 30 minutes telling me some of the great stories of the 70s.

The second time i met him was when he was bradford manager and bobby davison was his number two, i rang up bradford football club to ask where they trained and said i wanted to get bobby to sign a picture, next thing i know is colin todd is on the phone and he had remembered me, he arranged to meet me and my dad after training with Sir Bobby up at the Bradford training ground (which was like a disused school gym !!) and the two of them spent an hour laughing joking and signing the multitude of books etc that we had taken with us, they were both genuine top blokes and made us very very welcome.

The third time i met todd was when he was back in Derby doing a book signing for his autobiography and he remembered me again really nice man and a true derby legend, marco gabiadinni was very welcoming and sat and had a pint a chat at this B&B in York, Brian Clough was of course everything you would expect him to be and became mates with my dad in his later years,

sorry to bore you but the list is endless, i would say there was only probably two people who were in any way rude, one of them i tried to stop him actually signing the picture as i didnt rate him as a player and he took um bridge and still signed it !!! but i wont mention who that was but he was no footballing genius 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Not too many in that list that wernt real top drawer..so im hazzarding a guess at Lewis or Steve Mac? Thanks for sharing by the way. I have numerous stuff from John Robson as I was related to him. Not done much with it ever sadly though. Few shirts and photos etc.

Not too many in that list that wernt real top drawer..so im hazzarding a guess at Lewis or Steve Mac? Thanks for sharing by the way. I have numerous stuff from John Robson as I was related to him. Not done much with it ever sadly though. Few shirts and photos etc.

Hi Stockholm that is very cool that you were related to one of the few legends in the history of DCFC, I would love to own a shirt from those days, I gave a clue to the the unwanted signature on the picture in my post, the "football genius" part, he had a special song of his own and some fans loved him and some didn't and I was in the latter, it was in the early pride park days and he used to go out with jim smiths daughter that should be enough clues now for you ? Do u live in Stockholm now ?? Do you ever get over for any games ? There are a number of other signatures that I left off that list but one I noticed that I should have put on was asanovic I missed him off some how, very laid back intelligent man he was, more suited to being a dr than a footballer !! And there are not many footballers you can say that about !

Nope Im none the wiser for that info.. but no worries if you dont want to " out" who it was. I have met a few who were horrid down the years. Lou Macari was just mean and I was only about 10 asking for an autograph outside BBG. Brushed me aside and told me to F Off. Nice fella.

I do live in Stockholm and get back to UK quite alot and take in Rams games whenever I can. Went to The Boleyn Ground just before Christmas to see us get thrashed by West Ham and then saw us beat Leeds at Pride Park on Boxing Day.

John was my mothers cousin. Very close family. Very sad he passed away so young.

Hi Stockholm that is very cool that you were related to one of the few legends in the history of DCFC, I would love to own a shirt from those days, I gave a clue to the the unwanted signature on the picture in my post, the "football genius" part, he had a special song of his own and some fans loved him and some didn't and I was in the latter, it was in the early pride park days and he used to go out with jim smiths daughter that should be enough clues now for you ? Do u live in Stockholm now ?? Do you ever get over for any games ? There are a number of other signatures that I left off that list but one I noticed that I should have put on was asanovic I missed him off some how, very laid back intelligent man he was, more suited to being a dr than a footballer !! And there are not many footballers you can say that about !

Got the "football genius" reference! Definite marmite type player.....at the time he suited the team and did a decent job. the song was defo tongue in cheek though.....

lowerman2, did you ever meet Colin Boulton?

I met him about 5 years ago at a "do" at JCB Club near Uttox. He was a true hero of mine in the 70's and I felt like a love struck teenager speaking to him at the bar.

He was an absolute down to earth gentleman and spoke so fondly of his days winning 2 league titles at Derby. He was one of the best goalkeepers never to play for England.

Archived