Rams Memorabilia

loweman2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lowerman2, did you ever meet Colin Boulton?

I met him about 5 years ago at a "do" at JCB Club near Uttox. He was a true hero of mine in the 70's and I felt like a love struck teenager speaking to him at the bar.

He was an absolute down to earth gentleman and spoke so fondly of his days winning 2 league titles at Derby. He was one of the best goalkeepers never to play for England.

hi uttox i met Colin at a book signing so time was limited but he did seem a very quiet down to earth gent as you said, especially for somebody who played such a massive part in the championship teams, what did become very apparent when meeting all of the guys from the clough and mackay teams was just how down to earth they all were, most of them nowdays do not have a pot to pee in and they are all very humble a million miles apart from the championship winning teams nowdays, they all had a sense of pride about them though and self worth, they may not be rich but they played football at a time when it was a genuine sporting game played between equal sides and they were all paid what they were worth, and it was down to shear effort on match days how good those teams would become.

Another top man is john ohare who has allowed me to go round to his house a few times and have a coffee and a chat and the stories that man can tell based on his experiences of being a double european cup winner and medallist, championship medals with two clubs etc etc first man on cloughs shopping list every where he went as that is how important he was to Brian as he could rely on him, yet there is no edge to him, he still has to work hard now for a living but compared to players of today he should be dripping in gold and living in a tax haven, that humbleness is what i have found to be the biggest difference between the players or heroes i should say of derby countys magnificent past and the players of today who are not fit to clean their boots (yet !!) 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I remember the season we first went to the Prem and our last game was agaist WBA away and majority of the 1st teamers was in with us before kick off.

Ron Willems was especially pleasant to a 12 year old boy being star struck!

I remember the season we first went to the Prem and our last game was agaist WBA away and majority of the 1st teamers was in with us before kick off.

Ron Willems was especially pleasant to a 12 year old boy being star struck!

That was the celebration when we got promoted in 1995/6. Marco Gabbiadini and the rest were down at the bottom of the away end. It was a beautiful sunny day, Derby completely took over Smethwick .....probably the longest and loudest song I've ever heard in all my life....."the rams are going up, the rams are going up, and now you're gonna believe us........" over and over again....unbelieveable atmosphere. We had the whole end at the Hawthorns, great, great party....

I've got a nice small collection but always adding to it so far Ive got

Signed shirt entire squad - 2009/2010 season

Signed shirt entire squad - 2010 / 2011 season (not been able to get last years as yet )

A collection of 60's / 70's Derby players trading cards

a load of programmes from 94/96 & 01/02

The full set of home programmes 68/69 Season

The full set of home programmes 67/68 Season

Signed ball from the 90-91 season

& a few signed pics Nige, Moore, Ratty, Ellington, Tito, Sav ect

Was gonna but the DCFC electric guitar at the weekend but they have put it back up to £150 was only £75 on the club shop online 2 weeks ago & its £125 on DCFC's ebay outlet 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

• 1 year later...

thought i would start a new topic if its OK with you guys,

I have had an interest for a while in collecting genuine items of Derby County interest and I have number of unique items, most of the time you never get to see or hear of what others have as it is a taboo subject, in our house most things are wrapped up and then banished up into the loft space never to be spoken of again (normally due to the fact that the wife does not understand why I would spend good money on some of the items I have), some things I do have out though and on display in my office so I thought I would share these with you fellow rams fans and see what you think and if you have anything similar.

this is my most treasured piece, I have personally collected every signature on here and there are around 140 of the greatest players to have played for the Rams or to have managed them,

"69..us/img69/2710/dsc00743ih" alt="dsc00743ih">

some of the names on here are

Brian Clough,

Dave Mackay,

John Robson,

Colin Todd,

Colin Boulton

Alan Hinton

Roy Mac Farland,

Kevin Hector,

Jeff Bourne,

Henry Newton,

Eddie Thomas,

Roger Davies,

David Nish,

Willie Carlin,

John O'hare,

Alan Hinton

Alan Durban,

John McGovern

Ron Webster,

Archie Gemmill,

Steve Powell,

Francis Lee,

Charlie George

Les Jones,

Bobby Davison

Marco Gabiadini

Tommy Docherty

Robin Van Der Laan,

John Gregory,

Michael Forsyth,

Paulo Wanchope,

Steve McClaren,

Rod Thomas,

Lionel Pickering,

Frank Upton,

Ray Swallow,

Gerry Daly

Jim Bullions

Steve Buckley

Ian Buxton,

Geraint Williams

Garry Micklewhite

Tommy Johnson

Charlie Palmer,

Nigel Callaghan,

Igor Stimac,

Gordon Guthrie,

Mick Hopkinson,

Stefano Eranio,

Angus Morrison

John Richardson,

Darryl Powell,.

Paul Williams

Paul Blades

Geraint Williams

Dick Pratley

Phil Waller,

Andy Garner,

Jim Smith,

Peter Shilton,

Ray James,

Fabrizio Ravenelli,

Mark Wright,

Dean Sturridge,

Tommy Powell,

Lee Carsley,

Mike Smith,

Mart Poom,

Jim Walker,

Francesco Baiaino,

Ted McMinn

Ian Hall,

Giorgi Kinkladze,

Chris Powell,

Peter Melville,

Roy Wilkins,

Reg Harrison 1946 cup Winner,

Darren Wassall,

Phil Gee

Des Anderson

Charlie Palmer

Nigel Callaghan

Gary Micklewhite

Mickey Lewis

Ross McClaren

Craig Ramage

The most astonishing thing I've ever seen. Just wow.

I have numerous stuff from John Robson as I was related to him. Not done much with it ever sadly though. Few shirts and photos etc.

I can remember watching the Derby County "A" team play at Sinfin Lane around 1967 and one player stuck out a mile. He was easily the best player on the pitch. That was John Robson. I had assumed that he was there on trial but I read in one of the Clough or Taylor books that they had gone up to the North East to buy him. When he played in the first team with Dave Mackay it was like watching the master and his apprentice. Mackay always seemed to signalling and talking to him.

Another player who was destined for bigger things was Phil Boyer. Those of us we watched the reserves could see that he was good enough for the first team, but Clough and Taylor overlooked him. He later played for England and when he played against Derby he always gave Roy McFarland a tough time.

I don't know why I felt the need to point out Mr Harrison was a 46 cup winner, perhaps he is the most special ?, probably not I think that honour goes to Brian Clough (in my humble opinion), there are a number of guys on there from the 40s and 50s but there shouldn't be many you have not heard of boycie ? whose name doesn't spring to mind ?

These ones, please forgive my ignorance, but I never really got into it till 1986 ish

Jeff Bourne,

Eddie Thomas,

Les Jones,

Rod Thomas,

Frank Upton,

Ray Swallow,

Jim Bullions

Ian Buxton,

Mick Hopkinson,

Angus Morrison

John Richardson,

Phil Waller,

Ray James,

Mike Smith,

Jim Walker,

Peter Melville,

Roy Wilkins,

Des Anderson

Final one and probably the most interesting we will see how many know what it is and what they may be worth"846..us/img846/2792/s3400191" alt="s3400191">

Black knickers?

These ones, please forgive my ignorance, but I never really got into it till 1986 ish

Jeff Bourne,

Eddie Thomas,

Les Jones,

Rod Thomas,

Frank Upton,

Ray Swallow,

Jim Bullions

Ian Buxton,

Mick Hopkinson,

Angus Morrison

John Richardson,

Phil Waller,

Ray James,

Mike Smith,

Jim Walker,

Peter Melville,

Roy Wilkins,

Des Anderson

Les jones??

Jeff Bourne, played up front and was part of the 74/75 championship team

Eddie Thomas played in the 60s

Les Jones good spot this should be les green derby keeper in 60s replaced by Colin Boulton

Rod Thomas, played in the 74/75 championship team

Frank Upton, played in 50s and 60s

Ray Swallow played in the 50s

Jim Bullions played in the 40s and was part of the fa cup squad

Ian Buxton played in the 50s also played cricket I think for Derbyshire

Mick Hopkinson late 50s

Angus Morrison played in 1944 team

John Richardson, division two champions team 1969

Phil Waller early 60s

Ray James 50s?

Mike Smith, played in the 50s

Jim Walker 1960s ?

Peter Melville,physio

Roy Wilkins, should be Ray Wilkins played in the 50s

Des Anderson

assistant manager to dave mackay when they won the title 74/75

Hope that helps, as you see a good turn out from every decade 40 50 60 70 80 90 00s

Not too many in that list that wernt real top drawer..so im hazzarding a guess at Lewis or Steve Mac? Thanks for sharing by the way. I have numerous stuff from John Robson as I was related to him. Not done much with it ever sadly though. Few shirts and photos etc.

I liked john robson.

ok Martin its number .......... hold on a minute sunbeam are you trying it on here ?? at least MrsRam was a bit more honest with her dishonesty !!! "http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/angry" alt="angry">

sorry to bore you but the list is endless, i would say there was only probably two people who were in any way rude, one of them i tried to stop him actually signing the picture as i didnt rate him as a player and he took um bridge and still signed it !!! but i wont mention who that was but he was no footballing genius "http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/wink" alt="wink">

My guess.....initials DP

Mind you its a bit of an insult to try to prevent a player signing it......lol

Archived