Wimbledon 2012/Nadal out in 5 sets

Curtains

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murray is Scottish not English.. They are two seperate countries that happen to speak the same language.. I don't get it? Cameron said the whole country is behind him.. HE'S FECKIN SCOTTISH so why would the whole country be behind them?

Would the same people support Scotland in Rugby, Football, Hockey or whatever? No they wouldn't.. So why are the English clutching at straws trying to claim it's a fellow countryman.. It's not..

I hope Feds wins, nothing against Murray (who isn't English!) I'm just a Feds fan..

Murray is Scottish not English.. They are two seperate countries that happen to speak the same language.. I don't get it? Cameron said the whole country is behind him.. HE'S FECKIN SCOTTISH so why would the whole country be behind them?

Would the same people support Scotland in Rugby, Football, Hockey or whatever? No they wouldn't.. So why are the English clutching at straws trying to claim it's a fellow countryman.. It's not..

I hope Feds wins, nothing against Murray (who isn't English!) I'm just a Feds fan..

Bit like an Englishman wanting the French, Swedish or Italians to win at football. I don't get it ?

Where's the consistency?

He represents GB anyway, and since GB covers England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, that should make some sense for you?

Bit like an Englishman wanting the French, Swedish or Italians to win at football. I don't get it ?

Assuming you're referring to football you're right I don't support a racist thug, an unfaithful greedy merchant, a down right arrogant slob, a woman beater, an overrated suckup and a fat mouthy retarted scouse..

But that's different? I don't support any of the others.. You can want a team (or tennis player) to win becuase you like their style of play, personality, achievements etc.. But why would people support hm just because he's from another country (Scotland).. It's coming home? The wimbledon trophy is leaving England whoever wins the final.. It will be in the mantelpiece of another country..

Where's the consistency?

He represents GB anyway, and since GB covers England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, that should make some sense for you?

Great Britain is a ridiculous concept that's only around because of the biggest joke living on this earth (The monarchy).. There's no difference between England and Scotland and say Australia and New Zealand.. Why don't they have a team called New Zeaustralia?

Great Britain is a ridiculous concept that's only around because of the biggest joke living on this earth (The monarchy).. There's no difference between England and Scotland and say Australia and New Zealand.. Why don't they have a team called New Zeaustralia?

lol, as much as I'm against the monarchy I don't think Britain should disband.

Great Britain is a ridiculous concept that's only around because of the biggest joke living on this earth (The monarchy)..

Why are the monarchy the biggest joke living on this earth? Please elaborate.

Why are the monarchy the biggest joke living on this earth? Please elaborate.

Because there is absolutely no need for them yet they've stayed in existance for many years... I wouldn't say they're a fraud, but they've certainly taken advantage of their lifestyles.. They're celebrities for nothing..

I heard recently that Big Ben is now being named Elizabeth Tower?... I thought monuments are named after people that have done something extraordinary or created history.. What exactly has the Queen done except have a huge mansion and a free holiday around the world for 60 odd years.. Every place she goes to she recieves a gift, one of her jewells in her crown is from my city.. Why?

Also why were people proud to be 'British' during the 'Royal Wedding'.. Basically a free wedding paid by all of you lot and celebrity status for those involved and you all feel proud? Why? Why don't you feel proud when your average Jack and Sarah get married? Such a ridiculous concept..

Anyway, back to tennis..

I don't know anybody that was proud?

On Queen Betty, alot of women seem to like the queen because she represents feminism. Regardless of what your views are on the monarchy she's seen as important regarding feminism and women in 'leadership' roles.

But yeah, tennis. Murray in the final, first British person for over 70 years. Considering Britain has over 75m people within it's boarders, that's a long time for a country that hosts one of the best tennis tourneys.

Talking about feminism AND tennis,

Anybody remember Virginia Wade, she won wimbledon on 1st July [size=5]1977[/size]

That was less than 70 years by my calc but hey....

SillyBilly

Those two countries wouldn't even exist as we know them today without the union, what on earth are you trying to suggest? The only ties between them are ties afforded to them by British imperialism, the natives who hadn't crossed paths ever before will contest that. There is no parallel in world history of the union between Scotland and England, it is unique, no precedent, there isn't a corner of the globe it hasn't touched, don't try and find an example where there isn't one to be found.

P.S. Come on Fed, take him down!

I heard recently that Big Ben is now being named Elizabeth Tower?... I thought monuments are named after people that have done something extraordinary or created history.. What exactly has the Queen done except have a huge mansion and a free holiday around the world for 60 odd years.. Every place she goes to she recieves a gift, one of her jewells in her crown is from my city.. Why?

Big Ben is the bell not the tower.

Archived