Luke Chambers

Red_Dawn

[url=http://www.ipswich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=286422]http://www.ipswich.v...le.asp?a=286422 -

[size=4]Derby County have made a cheeky enquiry about signing defender Luke Chambers from East Midlands rivals Nottingham Forest, Vital Football has learned.[/size]

[size=4]

Chambers has completed a medical with Ipswich Town and appears happy with the offer of around £12,000-a-week in a three-year deal, but is concerned about uprooting his family.[/size]

[size=4]

Whether he would be happy to incur the obvious wrath of Forest fans and make the switch to fierce rivals Derby is an issue but Derby are understood to have sounded him out about the possibility of going down the A52 and so not having to move his family.[/size]

[size=4]

Chambers has delayed making a decision and could even hold out for another week while the takeover at the City Ground is completed and if a decent offer is made to the former Forest captain for him to stay at a club he has deep affection.[/size]

[size=4]

Leeds are another interested party but are also in in the midst of a takeover and so unable to make a concrete offer.[/size]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close to joining Ipswich by the sounds of it

Paul Jewell has told the Club website that he's as confident as he can be in football that Luke Chambers will be joining Blues next week.

The 26-year-old defender is a free agent after coming to the end of his contract at Nottingham Forest and has been in discussions with the Town boss about a move to Portman Road.

"I've met Luke on a number of occasions over the summer to talk football," Paul told the Club website.

"He's very keen to come here and we've been speaking on the phone regularly over the last day or two. We're very hopeful it will get done next week but until it's signed, sealed and delivered, it's not done.

"I've been in football long enough to know that there are a lot of factors in getting a player signed and I've learnt before that you can never be 100 per cent confident but I'm as certain as I can be at this stage that we're almost there."

If Chambers signs, he will become Town's second new arrival of the summer following 18-year-old Elliott Hewitt, who joined Blues on a three year deal from Macclesfield.

http://t.co/aiUxWYcO

I think Ipswich will quickly regret the decision to offer him that contract, would be devastated if we signed either Lynch or Chambers in fairness, they're league one defenders who want ridiculous wages. Chambers 16k, and Lynch around 10k.

I think Ipswich will quickly regret the decision to offer him that contract, would be devastated if we signed either Lynch or Chambers in fairness, they're league one defenders who want ridiculous wages. Chambers 16k, and Lynch around 10k.

Lynch isn't too bad. Chambers is god awful. See birmingham at home. You've dodged a bullet

Lynch isn't too bad. Chambers is god awful. See birmingham at home. You've dodged a bullet

Fair to say he had a bad season? Won player of the year the year before, and you got into the play offs that season, so must have been good in a good team

Read a article earlier about him having a tough season last year as his missus was suffering postnatal depression, if he was a bit **** can understand why, it's impossible to leave family issues like that at home when you go to work regardless of the job/money.

Season before player of the year wasn't he?....players don't suddenly become **** overnight

Former Nottingham Forest skipper Luke Chambers looks set to put pen to paper on a three-year deal at Portman Road over the weekend following protracted negotiations throughout the summer. However, the 26-year-old has openly discussed recent family issues that affected his form throughout the first half of last term.

Partner, Helen gave birth to Chambers’ new son in September and suffered from post-natal depression for over six months. It is perhaps unsurprising then that Chambers has taken so much time to make up his mind regarding Ipswich’s contract offer – the only concrete bid for his services.

Chambers said: “My son, Maxy, was born in September and my wife, Helen, suffered really badly with post-natal depression. People who have been through that will know exactly how difficult that can be.

“From September right through to February, I was coming home from training and from matches worrying about how my wife was. It really was a tough time. There are things away from football that can influence you; there is sometimes more to worry about than your job.”

Town boss Paul Jewell admitted yesterday that discussions regarding Chambers’ switch to Suffolk have been ongoing throughout the close season and the uncertainty regarding Nottingham Forest’s proposed takeover appears to have forced the defender’s hand into accepting the terms on offer at Portman Road.

“It’s been going on all summer really. I’ve met him on a number of occasions and have spoken to him quite a lot over the summer,” said Jewell.

“He’s a player we’ve been interested in for a while and we’re hopeful we can conclude a deal. I think everything’s agreed but until it’s signed, sealed and delivered you’re never 100%.

“But as sure as we can be without it actually being signed – and I spoke to Luke not 20 minutes ago – everything’s agreed.”

http://www.lewis-mitchell.com/07/family-issues-the-reason-behind-chambers-protracted-switch-to-blues/?

Archived