Luke Chambers

Red_Dawn

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As reliable twitter is for football rumours 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> I don't think this is the right place for him, his wages will be far to high for what we'd give, Bucko, Shacks and O'brien along with Naylor can play in centre half Barker is obviously injured for the whole of next season but I am personally hoping in O'brien breaking through, great prospect.

Chambers has had 1 good season, and some fairly poor ones but on the back of that one good season he got a lot of pundits, I think there is plenty of clubs that can offer more than us, and more than likely will.

As reliable twitter is for football rumours 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> I don't think this is the right place for him, his wages will be far to high for what we'd give, Bucko, Shacks and O'brien along with Naylor can play in centre half Barker is obviously injured for the whole of next season but I am personally hoping in O'brien breaking through, great prospect.

Chambers has had 1 good season, and some fairly poor ones but on the back of that one good season he got a lot of pundits, I think there is plenty of clubs that can offer more than us, and more than likely will.

Thats assuming we dont sell SHACKS.

Lets be honest. Shacks is 28, doubt he can improve anymore, if we get 2m it would be stupid not to accept it. Sure, we wont get someone as good as Shack (because imo he's in the top 5 CB's in the league) but we can improve in positions such as a up top like Cox, Sammon and Baldock (suggestions). Just my thought on it, Chambers on a free would be a great signing IMO.

I like Shack, I've said it before and often, i think he's a very good defender and he's got a bit of culture about him as well... but I heard and read quotes about 20 times last year saying we need more goals and we need goals to come from all over the pitch. I read a lot as well that the centre halfs were not enough of a threat. You'd have to include Barks in that as well.

A dominant centre half should be getting at least 4 or 5 goals a season from set pieces, probably more if Bavies is having one of his good days.

Look at how many times Bucko had his head kicked in trying to get us a goal in the last dozen games of the season and compare that to when you ever saw Shack really go and "meet one".

I think we'll be after a real swash buckling left sided centre half for around 750k and i think it might be us trying to get as much as we can for Shack thinking we can find someone else to defend as well as he does PLUS someone who might have the mental streak of putting his head in to nick us a goal or two as well when we need it.

I wonder even if Mark O'Brien might already have those qualities.

I'll get slaughtered for this, but I think the one certain starter at centre half while Barks is out is Bucko. I've watched a lot of the games back while I've had time and you can count on one hand how meany headers or tackles he missed. Plus he's got the desire to go and get the winner. He's earned the right to keep his shirt.

i presume we have to pay all barkers wages while he's out? there isn't some kind of insurance payout for injuries is there? reason i'm asking is if we're still paying out 8k (guess) a week do we even have the resources to buy another defender at present. if we don't sell shacks, are we all agreed we don't need another CB?

I like Shack, I've said it before and often, i think he's a very good defender and he's got a bit of culture about him as well... but I heard and read quotes about 20 times last year saying we need more goals and we need goals to come from all over the pitch. I read a lot as well that the centre halfs were not enough of a threat. You'd have to include Barks in that as well.

A dominant centre half should be getting at least 4 or 5 goals a season from set pieces, probably more if Bavies is having one of his good days.

Look at how many times Bucko had his head kicked in trying to get us a goal in the last dozen games of the season and compare that to when you ever saw Shack really go and "meet one".

I think we'll be after a real swash buckling left sided centre half for around 750k and i think it might be us trying to get as much as we can for Shack thinking we can find someone else to defend as well as he does PLUS someone who might have the mental streak of putting his head in to nick us a goal or two as well when we need it.

I wonder even if Mark O'Brien might already have those qualities.

I'll get slaughtered for this, but I think the one certain starter at centre half while Barks is out is Bucko. I've watched a lot of the games back while I've had time and you can count on one hand how meany headers or tackles he missed. Plus he's got the desire to go and get the winner. He's earned the right to keep his shirt.

I agree with your comments about Shackell in as much as I don't believe he's the bravest. He shuts his eyes when he heads the ball - it's a wince. He's a pretty boy and wants to stay that way. I was unsure about him at first for that very reason, but his postioning is good and having a stable partnership was important to us. If we get rid of him, we need to make sure his replacement is top class. We need a stable platform before we get carried away with glamorous signings from the top echelons of Northampton and the like.

Archived