Pre Season friendly v Sunderland at PP

ladyram

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of years back there was meant to be a friendly with Fiorentina, did it get pulled for poor sales or something? Whilst I have no problem with Sunderland and can see the merits, just doesn't offer the excitement. I don't see Derby playing any forgeign teams any other way than friendlies...at least for a couple of seasons 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> I blame Jim Smith for giving me this delusion that Derby must have flair!

A couple of years back there was meant to be a friendly with Fiorentina, did it get pulled for poor sales or something? Whilst I have no problem with Sunderland and can see the merits, just doesn't offer the excitement. I don't see Derby playing any forgeign teams any other way than friendlies...at least for a couple of seasons 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> I blame Jim Smith for giving me this delusion that Derby must have flair!

someone said they only sold around 30tickets or something because they were about £40 each...

Leicester played Real Madrid last year!

Didn't do them much good and probably cost a packet as well. What's the point. I always turn up to watch Derby not the opposition.

it was their showpiece start to their season. it was a sellout. I doubt they lost money. I doubt many leicester fans were cheering on RM, it's just nice to see some different opposition every now and again.

Do people really care that much about these foreign teams coming over here for a pretend game of football? I honestly would enjoy us playing a competitve game against Blackpool more than a friendly against Barcelona.

Last time we tried to get a foreign team over here they demanded so much money we had to put tickets ridiculously high and in the end they didn't come because we couldn't sell enough. That proves that actually, we don't care enough about it anyway.

Sunderland will bring a couple of thousand with them like Stoke and Villa did last year.

There is no way I would play stoke in a pre-season game unless there was 3 months before another game, too much risk in losing your first team players.

The same could be said about Villa as they spent more time kicking lumps out of us rather than playing football. After watching them in that game I predicted that they would struggle to stop up as they were shocking and it gave me hope for a better season watching Derby than the season before. Villa did indeed just about managed to stop up.

Sunderland can't see why people are moaning they beat City at their place and nearly beat them at theirs. They can play some nice football but it depends on how many players are with sides involved with the Olympics and the European championship. Prem teams must be dreading this summer as some will struggle with pre-season preparation and hoping that their players do not get injured.

I will be looking forward to this has the season is starting late this year

Archived