Pre Season friendly v Sunderland at PP

ladyram

From today's Derby Telegraph:

Derby County will take on PL side Sunderland in their traditional home curtain raiser to the new season.

Martin O'Neill's side will visit PP on Wednesday, August 8th, 7.45pm KO.

Ticket info will be released in due course.

The match will be Derby's penultimate first team pre-season fixture, with NC's men travelling to Chesterfield on Saturday, August 11th, ahead of the 2012/13 campaign.

"We're delighted that Martin O'Neil and his Sunderland team will be heading to PP in the build up to next season", said boss NC.

"Sunderlands squad contains plenty of international players such as Sebastian Larsson, John O'shea and James McClean - who are likely to play some part in the European Championships this summer for Sweden and the Republic of Ireland.

"It'll be great for our fans to see them in action, while it will also be good for our players to test themselves against PL players.

"I have no doubt that Martin's side will certainly provide us with a stern test, which will be ideal in our preperations for the new season".

Meanwhile, the rams have played down reports linking them with a move for 18 year old Bolton Wanderers winger James Caton.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sampdoria....Barcelona.....Atheltico......Stoke.....Sunderland.....

Didn't we have Lazio as well not so long ago?

Suppose Sunderland are probably on the same level as Lazio, but there's still something more interesting about fancy foreign teams coming to visit...

Didn't we have Lazio as well not so long ago?

Suppose Sunderland are probably on the same level as Lazio, but there's still something more interesting about fancy foreign teams coming to visit...

Sunderland at home.....really, I'm not sure there could be a more unispiring fixture could there?

Remember Utrecht a couple of years back? To be honest I don't think playing a foreign team does anything for us. Stoke would be the best option for a championship team as its the type of football we should expect in championship played at the highest level. ( injuries aside ). Sunderland isn't a bad option either.

From today's Derby Telegraph:

Derby County will take on PL side Sunderland in their traditional home curtain raiser to the new season.

Martin O'Neill's side will visit PP on Wednesday, August 8th, 7.45pm KO.

Ticket info will be released in due course.

The match will be Derby's penultimate first team pre-season fixture, with NC's men travelling to Chesterfield on Saturday, August 11th, ahead of the 2012/13 campaign.

"We're delighted that Martin O'Neil and his Sunderland team will be heading to PP in the build up to next season", said boss NC.

"Sunderlands squad contains plenty of international players such as Sebastian Larsson, John O'shea and James McClean - who are likely to play some part in the European Championships this summer for Sweden and the Republic of Ireland.

"It'll be great for our fans to see them in action, while it will also be good for our players to test themselves against PL players.

"I have no doubt that Martin's side will certainly provide us with a stern test, which will be ideal in our preperations for the new season".

Meanwhile, the rams have played down reports linking them with a move for 18 year old Bolton Wanderers winger James Caton.

Available at the bargain price of £30 no doubt. You don't paying for a glamour friendly if the opposition is actually, glamourous...

[size=4][size=5]Stoke - not glamourous enough and they were playing in Europe.[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=5]Sunderland not glamourous enough?[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=5]this season I've heard people whining about the likes of Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, QPR, Sunderland, Villa[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=5]Are you lot sure you want the board pushing for promotion?[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=5]We get the chance to play a premier league side, which is what most want week in week out. Their fans always enjoy making the trip to Derby as well so I for one I am looking forward to it.[/size][/size]

I laughed when someone just said S'Land were on the same level as Lazio..

The same Lazio that has just finished 4th in Seria A an has genuine quality players like Hernanes, Kozak, Klose, Ledesma etc..

Sunderland are ****, but then again they're PL and this is the best we can get.. We're not in a position to pay Real Madrid $2mill to play a friendly against us..

[size=4][size=5]Stoke - not glamourous enough and they were playing in Europe.[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=5]Sunderland not glamourous enough?[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=5]this season I've heard people whining about the likes of Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, QPR, Sunderland, Villa[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=5]Are you lot sure you want the board pushing for promotion?[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=5]We get the chance to play a premier league side, which is what most want week in week out. Their fans always enjoy making the trip to Derby as well so I for one I am looking forward to it.[/size][/size]

It's the best we're gonna get. Top European sides cost far too much for our measly budget.

not bothered about Sunderland at Home.. sounds kinda a pain on a night too.. But hey, if it get's gates proceeds go for it. I'm more excited about Chesterfield, Northampton and Mansfield. Only because i'll get to go to a new Stadium that i'll not get a chance to go too for a fair while

Looking forward to this one. Was in the Sun'land end for their cup tie against Everton at Goodison.Their fans are awesome and will definitely bring a fair few to the game. It's also another chance to see Sessegnon who was suspended for the cup tie and I really want to see him play.

Archived