Englands 23 man squad

ramexpat

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The squad is just about as good as it could be with the players we have..

Glad Crouch isn't included, mistified about Wellbeck though..

We will be ok, we aren't going to set the world alight, and for the first time for ages I think everyone knows this, which can only help us.

Hart, Johnson, Cahil, Terry, Cole, Walcott, Gerrard, Lampard, Young, Defoe, Carroll. Thats my line up. For the first 2 games anyway.

Lampard and Gerrard playing together has been one of our main problems over the last 10 years in my opinion.

Really suprised Jags isn't in the squad.. He's better than a past it Terry..

Realistically we need to play a cagey formation and look to the longball.. Our team has no creativity and no pace.. But what we do have at our disposal are players that would be good in the air.. I'd have gone for a front 3 of Crouch, Carroll and Holt.. I'd also play a solid midfield 3 of Parker, Gerrard and Lampard to run around like headless chickens.. In fairness Lampard offers a goal threat and is generally decent defensively aswell.. Then at the back, Micah Richards, Jags, Lescott and Cashley..

Play root one and look for set-pieces and send forward the troops.. With Jags, Lescott, Micah, Crouch, Holt and Carroll we'd have a very good chance of scoring from corners and free-kicks etc..

From the original list, where is Micah and Carrick? 2 regulars in the best clubs in England.. Also is Ben Foster injured?

As far as the RB situation goes..

Kyle Walker > Micah > Johnson

Not really sure why Johnson has got the nod in that apartment... At least Walker offers geniune pace and has a decent shot on him, Micah is a huge threat on set-pieces and can cross the ball.. He's also more athletic.. Johnson is kind of a jack of all trades but doesn't really have a speciality to make him a quality RB.

Downing in is a shock a bad one, i really wanted to Holt get called up, he deserves the call up more than Carroll and Defoe imo

I watched Grant Holt at Forest quite a lot and he was absolutely terrible, infact I would go as far as to say he is the worst professional footballer I have seen, he made Eddie Lewis look like Ronaldo.

How he has managed to get to where he is now... is.. to me astounding! I am fully expecting the earth to shatter at any moment.

Really suprised Jags isn't in the squad.. He's better than a past it Terry..

Realistically we need to play a cagey formation and look to the longball.. Our team has no creativity and no pace.. But what we do have at our disposal are players that would be good in the air.. I'd have gone for a front 3 of Crouch, Carroll and Holt.. I'd also play a solid midfield 3 of Parker, Gerrard and Lampard to run around like headless chickens.. In fairness Lampard offers a goal threat and is generally decent defensively aswell.. Then at the back, Micah Richards, Jags, Lescott and Cashley..

Play root one and look for set-pieces and send forward the troops.. With Jags, Lescott, Micah, Crouch, Holt and Carroll we'd have a very good chance of scoring from corners and free-kicks etc..

From the original list, where is Micah and Carrick? 2 regulars in the best clubs in England.. Also is Ben Foster injured?

that's the worst team in the world

and Foster has cancelled himself out of a call up more than once, probably doesn't wanna just fill the bench

I watched Grant Holt at Forest quite a lot and he was absolutely terrible, infact I would go as far as to say he is the worst professional footballer I have seen, he made Eddie Lewis look like Ronaldo.

How he has managed to get to where he is now... is.. to me astounding! I am fully expecting the earth to shatter at any moment.

Come off it, he's not that bad. He's one of those players that the way he plays, he'll be a handful at what ever level he plays at.

If he was 10 years younger and at a more fashionable club he'd be in the squad and probably starting.

Cant believe Downing has been picked, unbelievable decision, Adam Johnson or Lennon are far better, still dont understand that decision. Him and Walcott are such poor footballers, if we have both of them on the pitch at the same time it would be laughable.

Hodgson says he called Terry into the squad on footballing reasons, well for me, he should have considered moral reasons. The FA should have suspended him pending his trial or his trial should have been heard in due course like everybody else's not shelved until it was convenient for The FA and Terry.

An ordinary guy in the street up on the same charge would have been dealt with by now, why is that odious get Terry a special case ?

And for the record, Carroll getting a call up is ridiculous, he's ordinary at best.

And to continue the England squad bashing, Adam Johnson instead of Downing, Richards instead of Glen Johnson and Sturridge instead of Barry!

Honestly though not too disapointeed with this team and trust Roy to get the most out of this average squad its what he is good at!

COME ON ENGLAND

Archived