Englands 23 man squad

ramexpat

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont care who they take, the amount of times we have thought this is our time, I just hope they give us a good tournament.

In general we will see the people moaning before we even kick off, and wanting us to fail :-)

My votes...

Hart 8/10 - Green 3/10 - Ruddy 5/10

Baines 6/10 - Cahill 7/10 - Cole 8/10 - Johnson 7/10 - Jones 7/10 - Lescott 6/10 - Terry 7/10

Barry 5/10 - Downing 2/10 - Gerrard 7/10 - Lampard 8/10 - Oxlade 6/10 - Parker 4/10 - Walcott 4/10 - Young 6/10 - Milner 5/10

Carroll 5/10 - Defoe 5/10 - Rooney 9/10 - Welbeck 6/10

all in all *****...

Butland 1/10 - can't believe Frankie hasn't managed to get above him! he hasn't played at any level higher than league 2.

Jagielka 6/10

Henderson 3/10

Johnson 7/10

Sturridge 7/10

Its quite incredible how bad the England team actually is, possibly the worst set of wingers in the competition?

Downing - played 36 league games with 0 goals and 0 assists

Young - played 25 league games 6 goals and 11 assists

Walcott - played 35 league games 8 goals and 11 assists

Oxlade - played 16 league games 2 goals and 1 assists

and as for strikers.. 11 league goals for defore, 4 for carroll 9 for welbeck and 27 for Rooney.

Defensively, not bad... going forward especially without Rooney and that set of wingers is awful.

A forward line made up of two players who don't regularly start for their club team, a player who is suspended for the first two matches and a player who for the majority of the season couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Very unimaginative selection given the fact that he does not have any real pressure on him going into this tournament.

Came round to thinking Hodgson might be a good appointment but this selection has totally uninspired me.

Interesting poll on sky sports after the announcement , Poll: After Roy Hodgson's squad announcement, how far can England go at Euro 2012? Group stage (45%) Quarter-finals (31%) Semi-finals (12%) Final (2%) Winners (10%) (Hodgson out , Downing out , t!ts out)

Archived