Englands 23 man squad

ramexpat

As much as we all dislike Terry, he's innocent until proven guilty.

Anyway, disappointed Micah didn't get the call up he deserves. Guy can't catch a break. Supposing Jones got the call up because he can fill in 3 positions should it come to it. RB, CB and DM.

-------------Joe Hart

Johnson-Terry-Lescott-Cole

---------------Barry

------Gerrard----Lampard

Walcott--------------Chamberlain

------------Rooney

It's not that bad, we could be one of the surprises of the tournament. Concur that Adam Johnson should of been called up instead of Downing.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he has picked a team to play to a plan rather than chucking in the players and hope we can win through passion and running.

Lennon cant cross a ball for toffee and was appalling at the last WC, Rio's own manager said he isnt fit enough to play games in a short space of time, Kyle walker is injured, and Crouch has shown that he can score against the lesser teams but when it comes to that extra bit of quality he falls short.

Carroll to me offers much more than Holt and Crouch, when you play to his strengths, something Liverpool dont do, he needs service from the flanks and thats what Hodgson appears to have gone for.

i dont like downing, but he has played well for England recently, and if on form can hit a ball into a danger areas, The area I think we are lacking is the spark of someone like a Gazza in the middle of the pitch, but we have real pace in the team this time in the wide areas, saying all that we will probably go out in the first round.....or win it :-)

Come off it, he's not that bad. He's one of those players that the way he plays, he'll be a handful at what ever level he plays at.

If he was 10 years younger and at a more fashionable club he'd be in the squad and probably starting.

Cant believe Downing has been picked, unbelievable decision, Adam Johnson or Lennon are far better, still dont understand that decision. Him and Walcott are such poor footballers, if we have both of them on the pitch at the same time it would be laughable.

I haven't seen him at all at norwich only highlights, but from what I saw at Forest.. seriously terrible, one game in particular (think it may of been Bradford at home) this is when I clocked he was bad, so I made a point of watching him... he didn't move to much, his first touch was usually giving the ball away and to get past players he would just run into them, he was just dire.. was not at all surprised when he was released and had to move to league two - which then of course he started to find the net.

I've watched him dozens of times in the past, and it was hilarious because he was at Forest, very similar to Stern John in his loan period here IMO, perhaps even worse.

I watched Grant Holt at Forest quite a lot and he was absolutely terrible, infact I would go as far as to say he is the worst professional footballer I have seen, he made Eddie Lewis look like Ronaldo.

How he has managed to get to where he is now... is.. to me astounding! I am fully expecting the earth to shatter at any moment.

On this seasons form he has been better than Carroll

On this seasons form he has been better than Carroll

Seen Jake Buxton mark Carroll out of the game without as much as breaking a sweat!

He doesn't do much to inspire me, lets face it... if he moved for 300k to Norwich and had the same season, he'd not even be heard of!

Archived