Euro 2012 Betting Thread

froggg

Most of the British based online bookies have an office off-shore. It means they do not contribute to this country but can use that extra profit to pay Ryan Shawcross to try and cut people in half.

ha! Just wondered if you would get better odds on England, all the bookies in England still think that people are so blinded by national pride that they will bet at ridiculously short odds.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few bets I've seen on Bet365 look quite intruiging..

France to qualify from their group @ 8/15

---> Given that we're up against France first and without Rooney I think we'll do well to draw.. France have got some cracking players bang in form at the moment.. The likes of Benzema, Ribery and Ben Arfa give them great options going forward and they've really come on.. Afterwards they're up against Ukraine, the host nation.. Basically If they can avoud defeat in the first two games (which I can easily see) they'll only need a win in thir 3rd game against Sweden whilst there will be more pressure on Ukraine and England in the final game to see who qualifies.. I think the fixtures suit France and their team is easily good enough to qualify..

Germany to make the 1/2 final @ 8/13

---> Whilst in the hardest group of the lot, Germany has an excellent recent record against both Holland and Denmark.. I think Germany have enough fire power to score the goals in Gomez/Klose, Goetze, Ozil, Kroos, Mueller, Podolski and their defence now with Dortmund defender Hummel is excellent.. They'll get through the group.. What's to follow though is a garaunteed 1/4 final against a team from group A which will probably be Russia or Greece.. Germany will beat either of these fairly comfortably.. If they get through the group, a semi-final place for them is almost a certainty..

Both of these to me look like easy money and I'll probably stick a few pennies on both.. Other outside bets that I like is for Greece to quality from group A @ 6/4 and group B to have the most goals @ 13/8

Another one I like is to lay 3 bets of $10 on positions of..

1. France 2. England @7/2

1. France 2. Ukraine @15/2

1. France 2. Sweden @9/1

And also that England rarely top a WC or EC group..

In 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 (we didn't qualify) and 2010 only in the WC of 2006 did we actually win the group.. In the other 5 tournaments we failed to win the group..

The chances of us topping group 4 against a superior France, a bogey side in Sweden and a host nation Ukraine is very slim.. I can see England getting a maximum of 6 points but more realistically only 4 or 5..

So as far as group 4 goes, I think betting on France to win it and any of the other 3 for 2nd place would represent decent odds..

I'm likely to go

$20 on 1. France 2. England @7/2

$10 on 1. France 2. Ukraine @15/2

$10 on 1. France 2. Sweden @9/1

Yes I do although I think our squad and preparation isn't anywhere near as good as previous tournaments..

People are using the reverse psychology on this one and it's not working.. The 'I don't expect much and the expectations are low so now I'm looking forward and hopeful of a good tournament' that is being played out is bizarre..

I think we'll struggle to get through the group but a couple of hard fought draws and a win against Ukraine (5 points) and we'll make it..

France 7

England 5

Ukraine 2

Sweden 2

That's my guess

Agree about the preparation, the squad though imo is on par with everything else we have taken over the past few years, on paper you could agrue it looks weaker, but you look at the last WC and how we were battered by an learning young German team and for me its as much down to the manager as the squad.

Im not sure how this one will play out, and Im sure that the majority of the nation doesn't either, a semi final appearance would be a great tournament, but I will guarantee one thing, if we get out the group the expectiaion will then turn then turn to us winning it, and all the England flags on the cars will return !

What odds on Andy Carrol being top goal scorer ??!

Using a bit of reverse psychology myself. Judging from past posts, you're a very expectant person, methinks reflecting oneself onto others.

Anyway, if we do get out the group stages, of course we're going to get a little bit more excited. Big games, big rewards if you win. The euro's so much more exciting than the world cup just because of the familiarity of the teams, individual players. Now't wrong with supporting the team and getting all patriotic, that's what happens when you enjoy yourself.

Eh lads.

Using a bit of reverse psychology myself. Judging from past posts, you're a very expectant person, methinks reflecting oneself onto others.

Anyway, if we do get out the group stages, of course we're going to get a little bit more excited. Big games, big rewards if you win. The euro's so much more exciting than the world cup just because of the familiarity of the teams, individual players. Now't wrong with supporting the team and getting all patriotic, that's what happens when you enjoy yourself.

Eh lads.

Probably to the first part, not that I understand you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

The whole tournament for me is exciting, unfortunately I cant get to this tournament (unless we get to the final n I might raid the piggy bank), but I envy anyone who does, even more so that the chances are you will be able to get a ticket to every England game.

Placed first bets of tourament; A.Pirlo for player of tournament (80/1), Englands topscorer A.Young(8/1),

Poland topscorer Kuba(9/1), Winner/Topscorer double

Ronaldo+Spain(80/1), Ronaldo+Germany(66/1)

Tournament topscorer A.Kerzhakov eachway(66/1) +

France/Sweden Dual Forecast (8/1)

Archived