Things you miss from your youth

Neo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody hell mo55y, that's bought a flood of memories back. Used to buy 10 No.6 from the vending machine up the road. Can even remember packs of 5?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gfXupHOEhH0/SbYyUno7CwI/AAAAAAAADCY/R1KkcvueqCc/s640/amazing-treehouse

There was what we called 'the quarry' just at the back of Sandbed Rec in Belper. This was where we built loads of dens, we all made one each. We also built a tree house, nothing like the one above. I slipped and fell one day, but managed to grab hold of a branch on the way down and miraculously lived. I then dangled there for about 5 minutes figuring out how to get back up, before dropping down anyway because nobody would help me out.

Matches could go on for 6 hours in the summer holidays, you'd play until you were completely starving, even carrying on into utter darkness.

Summer of 1994, must've played 12 hours every day. We went up the park in the morning, waited 'til the grounds-keeper had left then played on the bowling green until it was dark.

Knock a door run

Being able to walk down the road with your mates carrying an air pistol/rifle and no one batting an eye lid

Sharing girls with your best mate

Raleigh Burners (missed out on the choppers)

Jumper goal posts

Fighting the next village

Throwing stones

Having a stash of tinnies

Derby County football shirts

Knock a door run

Being able to walk down the road with your mates carrying an air pistol/rifle and no one batting an eye lid

Sharing girls with your best mate

Raleigh Burners (missed out on the choppers)

Jumper goal posts

Fighting the next village

Throwing stones

Having a stash of tinnies

Derby County football shirts

knock a door run - definately my favourite ever game, i was a master at it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Archived