Things you miss from your youth

Neo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone ever play Kerby ,, throwing a ball at the opposite kerb and catch the ball

We used to chip it onto the opposite kerb. A player either side of the road, first to ten. I can still dink 10-15 yard passes very accurately.

We used to chip it onto the opposite kerb. A player either side of the road, first to ten. I can still dink 10-15 yard passes very accurately.

Amazing some of those daft childhood games that have a lasting effect on your future!!

I wish I'd never started playing "hit the bar" when I couldnt kick it more than 3 yards without stubbing my toe. We started from the penalty spot and you had to take the rebound from anywhere in the area. It took me 6 months to reach the bloody thing. I was losing 84- 0 and running for miles every week before I fluked the first one

No matter where I played in the future I was rubbish in front of goal , I'd always lean back on shooting...but it wasnt all bad as I DID hit the frigging bar 1138 times in matches. Weirdly enough when the lovely girlies were watching, it was cooler to rattle the bar from 30 yards out than it was to score a pokey little 6 yarder.

It did help me learn to whip in a decent dead ball as well so I guess it was worth the stupid hours and hours ;-)

Amazing some of those daft childhood games that have a lasting effect on your future!!

I wish I'd never started playing "hit the bar" when I couldnt kick it more than 3 yards without stubbing my toe. We started from the penalty spot and you had to take the rebound from anywhere in the area. It took me 6 months to reach the bloody thing. I was losing 84- 0 and running for miles every week before I fluked the first one

No matter where I played in the future I was rubbish in front of goal , I'd always lean back on shooting...but it wasnt all bad as I DID hit the frigging bar 1138 times in matches. Weirdly enough when the lovely girlies were watching, it was cooler to rattle the bar from 30 yards out than it was to score a pokey little 6 yarder.

It did help me learn to whip in a decent dead ball as well so I guess it was worth the stupid hours and hours ;-)

We used to play cricket for hours on the green outside my house. The woman who lived at backward point never gave you the ball back and if you hit it pas gully it went down the hill 60 yards and the batter had to fetch it. Even now, 35 years later, my cut shots go through cover point, as Mrs Ludlam let us fetch the ball whenever we wanted without asking.

Well i'm 19, so I'm still hanging onto the fact i'm a teenager and have an ounce of child still in me, i think i'll die inside the day i turn 20!

http://gk007a0336.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/frosty1

Always have a bottle of this before a night out!

From my 'childhood' though, it has to be

http://www.dltk-kids.com/pokemon/adoptions/pikachu

Now, i'm going to stop reminiscing about my child hood and going to watch the apprentice.

We used to play cricket for hours on the green outside my house. The woman who lived at backward point never gave you the ball back and if you hit it pas gully it went down the hill 60 yards and the batter had to fetch it. Even now, 35 years later, my cut shots go through cover point, as Mrs Ludlam let us fetch the ball whenever we wanted without asking.

gud on her.. Mr Tebbett never let us have ours back...([size=1]barsteward[size=4])[/size][/size]

Archived