Weather Updates

mozza

It's spitting, everybody in its spitting.

Tell a lie it's throwing it down and thunder, but who gives a **** about the weather where I'am, couldn't give a toss what it's doing in Derby if I'm honest

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's spitting, everybody in its spitting.

Tell a lie it's throwing it down and thunder, but who gives a **** about the weather where I'am, couldn't give a toss what it's doing in Derby if I'm honest

Well why post then , it very rarely rains indoors , unless your roof leaks..

Why does everyone else post? If you're in Derby and you say it's raining....everybody knows?

I was giving updates from the East coast which nobody cares about but you must feel educated by my updates that we had rain in the East today?

Just had a cracking thunderstorm here in Kirk Hallam. Torrential rain interspersed with two hail downpours, the first one with 10mm hailstones, the second one with the biggest hailstones I've ever seen in my 47 years of life!

Oooh I do like a good storm, me.

My cat stood outside in that lot and refused point blank to come inside. I know that everything in Ilson is supposed to be that bit tougher, but he's just mental.

Just had a cracking thunderstorm here in Kirk Hallam. Torrential rain interspersed with two hail downpours, the first one with 10mm hailstones, the second one with the biggest hailstones I've ever seen in my 47 years of life!

Oooh I do like a good storm, me.

I was in that, trying to get hundreds of screaming kids to shelters was fun - and guess who didn't have her coat on? Ouch. The rain lifted a few manhole covers too, made the drainage system look completely inadequate.

It's absolutely beautiful down here in Cornwall again, just about to take my little one to the beach, mind you, it makes a change after the winter we had, I learnt first hand why most have concrete sheds, I assumed as the Cornish are so behind the times they were outdoor toilets, but my shed is now a convertible.

Weather is nice today, but I need it to rain as hard as it can today and tomorrow so it's dry from Wednesday to Sunday for Download Festival which is at Donington Park this weekend. It's a music festival, so it'll be muddy and rainy simply because we have a vengeful God who hates unwashed festival goers like myself, but hoping it'll be drier than it has been the last two years I've been.

Last year wasn't too bad - it only rained twice.

Once for 2 days and once for 1.

Last year wasn't too bad - it only rained twice.

Once for 2 days and once for 1.

Yeah, Wednesday and Thursday rained quite heavily at last years Download. But the bands don't start till Friday so it was fine I guess.

Yeah, Wednesday and Thursday rained quite heavily at last years Download. But the bands don't start till Friday so it was fine I guess.

I presume you're camping?

I live in Donington so it's always been walkable for me, but I'm getting old and creaky now. I've sold out and actually bought a chair to take with me this year - take the weight off the old pins.

I presume you're camping?

I live in Donington so it's always been walkable for me, but I'm getting old and creaky now. I've sold out and actually bought a chair to take with me this year - take the weight off the old pins.

Yeah camping from tomorrow morning to Monday morning. Half the fun is camping for me I've found, it's always a good laugh in the campsites. Watched a drinking contest between "Camp Rams" vs "Camp NFFC" last year. Our lads lost  :(

This weather right now isn't making me optimistic though... Absolutely pelting it down. I remember Download 2012 when the whole place was a washout and it nearly ruined the festival for me. That kind of sloshy mud gets in everywhere, all over the tent and everywhere you go. 

Yeah camping from tomorrow morning to Monday morning. Half the fun is camping for me I've found, it's always a good laugh in the campsites. Watched a drinking contest between "Camp Rams" vs "Camp NFFC" last year. Our lads lost  :(

This weather right now isn't making me optimistic though... Absolutely pelting it down. I remember Download 2012 when the whole place was a washout and it nearly ruined the festival for me. That kind of sloshy mud gets in everywhere, all over the tent and everywhere you go. 

We've not had a drop of rain in Donington today - I reckon this will be the driest Download for years. Put your money on wall-to-wall currant bun from tomorrow until at least Saturday, and even after that there doesn't look to be any likelihood of anything more than a light shower.

Archived