Michael Jacobs

Chris Peduck

If he is on holiday, how did he pass the medical, I know the internet is a wonderful thing...however??

He's off on holiday next day or two, he's on Twitter was on about a last Nando's or summart before he goes last night

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

his only contribution was the goal at wembley, what else did he do? He didn't have 1 stand out game in a Derby shirt, just 1 stand out moment.

It was hardly a 30 yard rocket either!!! Fair enough he was there to score it but sheeeeesh!

Craig Fagan was toss too.

Pearson had a very good game against Forest, when we beat them 1-0 at our place a few seasons ago (the one where Hulse scored). From memory, he was also decent against Newcastle when he was chasing balls down and breaking the play up everytime Newcastle started to get going.

Just a shame that those two games apart I can hardly remember him having even an half-decent game, let alone a blinder.

Pearson:

Can't: Shoot, pass, tackle, cross, head

Can: run

Worst players in a Derby shirt - Surely Clod's up there with the worst of them.

An update from our end...

He has officially rejected a new contract with us, which is hardly shocking news, he was never going to sign it.

The other bit of news coming out of NTFC is that they expect him to break our biggest fee received record, which currently stands at £525k which Blackburn paid for Mark Bunn.

So simply whoever buys him will be paying more than £525k, the guidlines for a tribunal are around £750k seeing as MJ has been at NTFC since he was 11 and every new contract he has had a wage increase etc. Equally the tribunal is never a safe thing and it could end up being £500k or equally £1million so I think all parties are keen to avoid a tribunal situation.

Pearson had a very good game against Forest, when we beat them 1-0 at our place a few seasons ago (the one where Hulse scored). From memory, he was also decent against Newcastle when he was chasing balls down and breaking the play up everytime Newcastle started to get going.

Just a shame that those two games apart I can hardly remember him having even an half-decent game, let alone a blinder.

Pearson:

Can't: Shoot, pass, tackle, cross, head

Can: run

Worst players in a Derby shirt - Surely Clod's up there with the worst of them.

Forgot about that Newcastle game, there was a game against leeds about 14 months ago where he ran Connolly ragged (not hard to do to be fair)

Agree about Clod!! There have been others but I try to forget them as much as possible!!

An update from our end...

He has officially rejected a new contract with us, which is hardly shocking news, he was never going to sign it.

The other bit of news coming out of NTFC is that they expect him to break our biggest fee received record, which currently stands at £525k which Blackburn paid for Mark Bunn.

So simply whoever buys him will be paying more than £525k, the guidlines for a tribunal are around £750k seeing as MJ has been at NTFC since he was 11 and every new contract he has had a wage increase etc. Equally the tribunal is never a safe thing and it could end up being £500k or equally £1million so I think all parties are keen to avoid a tribunal situation.

Thanks Moley, all very well but is he actually any good?

Is he any good....?

Best young talent we have had for a while but then that isn't saying much! Yeah he is decent, technically very good, works hard (which can be unusual for a 'flair player') and when he scores they are usually worldies. He is by no means the finished article and needs better coaching and to play with better players (hence the impending move). But yeah, he is decent. Championship is about his level right now I'd think.

I'm not sure if there is a youtube clip of this but there was a time when we played Brighton in the cup a year or so ago and MJ turned their full back inside out and the player had to go off injured. He also scored a couple of worldies against Shrewsbury, scored direct from a corner against someone, think it was Wimbledon. My biggest criticism is that he doesn't always make the right decision and that perhaps stems from having to carry our side for the majority of his time in the first team. In his two years in the first team we have been in relegation battles, I'd love to see how he does in a good side, he would not doubt flourish. His dead ball delivery needs some work, more often than not he hits the first man because he is going for the perfect delivery instead of just putting it in the mixer. His touch is class and he has some tricks and the ability to ghost past players.

Archived