Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

Silly season has started early, the players butchers, hairdressers, local chippy are all starting to leak inside info. I nipped down me local shop the other day, didn't have any rumours for me but I bought a big bag of salt which I'll be taking huge pinches from over the coming months.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, but if Clough said no we can't sell, would the board go over his head?

The board took the stick for the Hulse sale despite Clough saying on numerous occasions it was down to him and was done

for footballing reasons.

The management team wanted to get rid of hulse when middlesbrough offered 4million for him but hulse turned the move down

• 4 weeks later...

They refer to the case of Southampton and Reading. That's different, surely. In both cases, it was players either from the academy or bought for peanuts that they sold for an enormous profit (Oxlade-Chamberlain, Long etc). Buying a player for £750,000 and selling him for a million is completely different, and I hope they think better than to sell Shackell to make such an insignificant margin. Especially to a Championship rival.

Just read this. Pure insanity if it happens.

Let's say they double their money and sell at £1.5 million, do you trust them to buy three £0.5m players, for example, that will be successful? Let's assume two out of the three would be a success, are you that much further forward? Alternatively, Selling him and sinking all the money into a striker is like the tactical version of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If Barker were fit, I could maybe see this. What price would you put on an established central defender in this league? I can't see us getting the money that reflects his value to us. Selling to a rival too?

Madness.

Just read this. Pure insanity if it happens.

Let's say they double their money and sell at £1.5 million, do you trust them to buy three £0.5m players, for example, that will be successful? Let's assume two out of the three would be a success, are you that much further forward? Alternatively, Selling him and sinking all the money into a striker is like the tactical version of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If Barker were fit, I could maybe see this. What price would you put on an established central defender in this league? I can't see us getting the money that reflects his value to us. Selling to a rival too?

Madness.

Agreed. Its always the same with us though, 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Maybe we haven't had a bid on Shacks, but the club are trying to start a clamber b letting the league know that he cold go for the right price.

If he goes, then we are no bigger a club than Barnsley. And we'll be singing the same "there's only one gready barsteward " to Shackel the same as the Tykes do.

But, it's not the players fault, it's the selling clubs that he signs for

Archived