13 wins/Play Off chances PTII merged.

ariotofmyown

Highlighted my predictions up there, to be honest I think they're quite optimistic:

Win 11

Draw 6

Loss 4

This would give us 39 points, which would give us 76 which I reckon would get us 5th.

As I say, this is optimistic, relying on draws at Burnley and Southampton, and Leicester at home, which will be tough asks. Can you honestly see us performing consistently for the rest of the season? The first choice team is good, and can play good football, but is short of goals. We would need a 20 goal a season striker at least to produce the above results IMO, so I don't think we'll make it this season. We'll see. prove me wrong.

Quite optimistic?

You have us down for winning more than 50% of our remaining games? And only losing 4? That's virtually automatic promotion form? Again, what have you seen in this squad that is better than George Burleys squad? That class team of 2004/05 only finished on 76 points, winning 6 away games on the trot and 12 overall (we've only won 4 out of a possible 11, all being by the odd goal and at Watford and Hull we were very fortunate to get the 3 points)..

I'm not one for p*ssing on peoples fire, but calm down with the playoff talk.. If we make it, great.. If not, enjoy us not being in a relegation fight like we usually are.. 3 average performances and 9 fortunate points and all of a sudden it's all eyes on the playoffs.. Good grief..

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite optimistic?

You have us down for winning more than 50% of our remaining games? And only losing 4? That's virtually automatic promotion form? Again, what have you seen in this squad that is better than George Burleys squad? That class team of 2004/05 only finished on 76 points, winning 6 away games on the trot and 12 overall (we've only won 4 out of a possible 11, all being by the odd goal and at Watford and Hull we were very fortunate to get the 3 points)..

I'm not one for p*ssing on peoples fire, but calm down with the playoff talk.. If we make it, great.. If not, enjoy us not being in a relegation fight like we usually are.. 3 average performances and 9 fortunate points and all of a sudden it's all eyes on the playoffs.. Good grief..

I was at work before, had to write this a bit quick so didn't get to finish my post off properly. But I totally agree with you. That's the problem with the play off talk, if we don't produce that then we won't make the play offs, and as you point out we're pretty inconsistent. Upper mid table is where we'll end up, and let's be happy for it, a "boring" season for once! When did we last have one of those? Hopefully we'll keep it up vs Cov tomorrow, but as has been pointed out we don't perform great against them in the past and they've won 2, lost 2 (against the top 2) in the last 4.

20 games remaining.. We have 40 points from 26

9 at home, 11 away..

From 14 home games we have 26 points (1.85 points per game) and from 12 away games we have 14 points (1.16 points per game)

If we follow the 'averages' we'll achieve another 16.65 points at home, and other 12.75 (basically another 29 points).. We're currently on for 69 points which would be very good but not quite playoff standard..

Basically to make the playoffs we need to maintain our home record ie. 17 points from 9 games (W 5 D 2 L 2) but improve our away record to (1.6 per game or 17-18 from 11) which would leave us on 74-75 points.. An away record of (W 5 D 2 L 4) which would be a massive turn from our current away record

Our home record is playoff standard but our away record isn't good enough just yet and this worries me with more home games to go... Improve our away record and maintain our home record and we could be going places

20 games remaining.. We have 40 points from 26

9 at home, 11 away..

From 14 home games we have 26 points (1.85 points per game) and from 12 away games we have 14 points (1.16 points per game)

If we follow the 'averages' we'll achieve another 16.65 points at home, and other 12.75 (basically another 29 points).. We're currently on for 69 points which would be very good but not quite playoff standard..

Basically to make the playoffs we need to maintain our home record ie. 17 points from 9 games (W 5 D 2 L 2) but improve our away record to (1.6 per game or 17-18 from 11) which would leave us on 74-75 points.. An away record of (W 5 D 2 L 4) which would be a massive turn from our current away record

Our home record is playoff standard but our away record isn't good enough just yet and this worries me with more home games to go... Improve our away record and maintain our home record and we could be going places

7th still looks very nice to me - at the end of the season. Yes, I know I'm being very conservative but one place higher and the air of expectation will rise to unreasonable levels. Then it will be Clough this, Glick that and all the players the other. Two more players in midfield [right sided the priority for me] and/or upfront, plus cover at full back and we're nearly there - but keep it quiet, we don't want everyone to know 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Not a WUM am being serious, our squad had nowhere near the quality or depth as teams like Cardiff, Reading, Leicester, Birmingham we have zero creativity in our midfield and don't have a striker who can make goals out of nothing, our defence is randomly porous and yet everyone on here is talking about getting into the playoffs lol

Doing Fester a world of good at the minute!

Luck is needed in this league and I think we are getting some this season. If we can stay relatively injury free a top 10 place is possible. Predicting what is happening in the next game is difficult enough- what will happen in a month or 2 is nigh on imposible. Take it as it comes and see where we are

What you dont factor in to your stats is that we now seem to have our injuries clearing up.

Maybe thats cos you dont rate Shaun Barker but he has been MOM again today and I think hes making a big difference now. This winning streak is no co-incidence.

Georg Burleys team was easier on the eye, but our defence this year is better.

What you dont factor in to your stats is that we now seem to have our injuries clearing up.

Maybe thats cos you dont rate Shaun Barker but he has been MOM again today and I think hes making a big difference now. This winning streak is no co-incidence.

Barkers run up the right side towards the end, haha, priceless.

Yes our defence is perhaps better (though we did keep alot of clean sheets under George Burley I'll have to check over the course of the season - remember 10 goals we're shipped in 2 games alone against Crewe 2-4 and Coventry 6-2) but on the whole it's goals that get you promoted, not a defence..

Yes our defence is perhaps better (though we did keep alot of clean sheets under George Burley I'll have to check over the course of the season - remember 10 goals we're shipped in 2 games alone against Crewe 2-4 and Coventry 6-2) but on the whole it's goals that get you promoted, not a defence..

Sorry but I expect you thought this was coming but totally disagree. We need to score or more than the opposition. Look at Peterbrough how many games is that they don't score at least once yet lose games. If you can't defend and conceed 1 or more goals you have to score more goals in a game which is not that easy. If you can keep clean sheets you can grind out results and win games. I agree you need to score goals but lets see 1-0 Leeds, 2-1 WHU, 1-0 Hull, 1-0 Palace, 1-0 Coventry in last 5 games 4 wins out of 4 in league and a FA cup win, conceeded 1 scored 6 GD +5. The back 4 which includes Barker who with Shackell is forming the strongest cb partnership in championship (although you don't rate Barker he has been key to the defence since returning). If we could not defend would we have 5 wins out 5 don't think so.

Archived