DCFC Accounts....

G STAR RAM

Thanks GStar - are we looking healthy then?

Not seen the full accounts yet but from reading what that article says the financial position of the club has not really changed from the previous year. Will reserve judgement on this until I see the treatment of the owners interest free loan.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole pride park plaza thing is obviously quite important to generate extra cash to comply with the fair play rules then, because even cutting wages further etc won't make us break even.

I understand that they may well of made investments into the academy and facilities etc but over a 7million loss is a big amount for our owners to be injecting each year.

Also out of interest curtains where does it mention we have given up on director of football?

Don't like the sound of this. Glick saying they have abandoned director of football idea. Will rely on academy. Need to look at offloading Croft ,Addison and Maguire who have not featured. Teams coming down getting 48 million parachute payments. Relying on fair play coming in etc ! Interest free loans. Looks a lot of debt to me. NC will need to tinker with playing squad rather than buy many new payers !

I don't know of many clubs where a director of football works, it nearly always seems to end up with a disgareement with the manager so I for one am not against this idea.

Nowhere does he say we are 'relying on the academy'. Would you not like a club where we are bringing our own talented youngster through the system? I would. I am fed up of teams full of foreigners who don't care about anything other than picking up their pay packets.

Nowhere during the article does Glick say we are looking to offload Croft, Macguire and Addison. It is wasy to see what Glick has actually said because the sentence will start and end with "

Not sure how DCFC are supposed to control the £48million parachute payments.

Nowhere during the article does it say we are 'relying on FFP'.

I am sceptical about the interest free loans but am sure sometime soon he will be faced with the question about the reasoning behind these.

You think £19million of debt, when £15million of it is secured on the ground and is on an extremely low rate of interest, is very high? I suggest you obtain the accounts of the other 91 league teams and think about that comment.

And you don't think NC should have to tinker with his squad? What do you want then? Do you think we should buy a new squad every season?

I have found the links and the only thing Glick actually says is about the director of football role.

He does not mention getting rid of the 3 players you named, that was the reporter namimg 3 squad players who have not featured this season.

Nor does he say we are 'relying' on FFP and the academy, that seems to be a quote that you have made up yourself.

Also, please let me know why you think £19million debt is very high and why NC should not only be tinkering with a squad that he has completely put together himself.

He actually says of the 3 players. They might be surplus to requirement. Which I took as meaning offloading.

That is not Glick saying that, it is clearly the reporter speculating. As I said earlier Glicks quotations will be in sentences that start and end with quotation marks.

Agreed

Not having a go here but some people will look at what you said earlier and take is as read that Glick has said all of them things you attributed to him.

In a nutshell our club, even after numerous cost cutting exercses still haemoraged £7million last year and I think we are lucky to have owners who are prepared to plug that gap as opposed to just running up more third party debt. That being said I still want to see what is behind the interest free loans.

As an addition to current discussion - If you also listen to what Clough says pre Bristol game he's happy with the squad he has now and is just looking for them to improve. Says about Theo, rather than relying solely on his scoring inside the box 'game' he wants to see him scoring headers and putting in some decent crosses.

If anbody likes this idea of working with the youth and current first team squad (of which 15 are available, 1 youth player will be on the bench today) it's all good positive stuff. To say they've also been ridding themselves of deadwood and replacing with young hungry players, and still improving the points tally and league position is quite an achievement.

Onwards and upwards, COD.

Derby's wage bill for all members of the club's staff was reduced from £14.5m to £11.6m.

Players' wages made up a large chunk of that figure.

The current wage bill for players is between £9m and £10m now and will be lower next season. (thanks for coming Tyson ,, theres the door ,,, can Greeny share a taxi with you)

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Rams-reveal-pound-7-7m-loss-annual-accounts/story-15677928-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

I'm not one for figures and finance so can somebody explain what the 15 million "secured" debt is?

Yes it is the mortgage on the ground. This will remain for some time as the club have said that the repayment terms and interest are very favourable so it is not worth clearing this debt right now

Derby's wage bill for all members of the club's staff was reduced from £14.5m to £11.6m.

Players' wages made up a large chunk of that figure.

The current wage bill for players is between £9m and £10m now and will be lower next season. (thanks for coming Tyson ,, theres the door ,,, can Greeny share a taxi with you)

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Rams-reveal-pound-7-7m-loss-annual-accounts/story-15677928-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

Well the likes of Savage have gone, who I would of expected to be on about £500,000 a year, roughly £10,000 a week. Also with the likes of Leacock, Bywater and Pearson gone you'd expect them to be on similar wages, so you'd say about £2 million a year saved from them players that weren't even in the team saved! Wouldn't show up on next years account because he'll be here until the end of the season but the wages by Paul Green as well would be a fair hefty amount.

Archived