Disgraceful Stewarding in Away End v Palace

therams69

All,

Lots of Palace fans have been complaining regarding stewarding yesterday.

Interesting to note that Derby have decided for 2 stewards to film the away fans constantly. When will the powers that be learn that this kind of action just aggravates football fans. By all means if a riot is occurring or disorder but I know for a fact that on many other occasions this wasnt the case yet filming still happened whilst fans watched the game.

Palace trust and the football supporters federation already involved.

Link to there forum.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=232100

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have read the thread on the Palace forum - if what they say is right and they have the film from their mobiles then I hope the offending stewards get dealt with in accordance with club rules. The Palace fans never stopped singing all afternoon, the atmosphere seemed good natured before and during the game and at no pint did I get any hint of trouble.

I noticed this and was going to make comment in one of my posts yesterday. They kept telling them to sit down and i noticed a few fans being ejected. If they want to stand, let them fookin stand.

Agreed.

I have posted this in the Atmosphere thread but worth a read at what Cardiff City are doing. They are listening to their fans and giving them what they want because they know the 12th man is as good as a 1m signing!

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/HomeTickets/0,,10335~2309750,00.html

I have read the thread on the Palace forum - if what they say is right and they have the film from their mobiles then I hope the offending stewards get dealt with in accordance with club rules. The Palace fans never stopped singing all afternoon, the atmosphere seemed good natured before and during the game and at no pint did I get any hint of trouble.

I would have no doubt regarding most of the issues. A Palace Trust member who sits and watches the game noticed alot of it!

Lets face it. It isn't just derby, this has been happening at a lot of grounds. Blackpool has been the worst I've heard, and that was on a couple of occasions. The stewards have far too much power. Needs reviewing and the only way its going to happen is if fans from all clubs pull together. Otherwise its just going to be ignored.

It sounds odd to me that stewards has too much power. Clearly the power should be behind the ones that are in charge of those stewards. There must be someone organisizing them. Stewards are just doing what they are told. At least they should be.

It sounds odd to me that stewards has too much power. Clearly the power should be behind the ones that are in charge of those stewards. There must be someone organisizing them. Stewards are just doing what they are told. At least they should be.

Well you should all know who that is..................... Wont mention my reference regarding Blackpool...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Are they sure it was stewards videoing. The reason asking that fans are always being filmed inside and outside the ground. The police always video away fans especially for intelligence etc.

If filming for filming sake I think this is not allowed as there are guidelines that have to be met to be allow this practice and the club should adhere to this.

Lets face it. It isn't just derby, this has been happening at a lot of grounds. Blackpool has been the worst I've heard, and that was on a couple of occasions. The stewards have far too much power. Needs reviewing and the only way its going to happen is if fans from all clubs pull together. Otherwise its just going to be ignored.

You would have to mention Blackpool!!!! Fully agree though, although I lost my case against them I strongly believe I was in the right!

Tbf alot of clubs stewards are spot on, they far outweigh the bad clubs. Doncaster for example - after surfing flag 5 different stewards approached me and asked if I wanted to put flag over seats after surf. Thats great service to be frank! Other clubs also so helpful with flag.

Only issue I had was Barnsley away this season where one of them told me to hurry up putting flag away and then their boss ended up squaring up to a 15 and 17 year old who were so much younger and less built than the big burly steward! So had massive disagreement with them!

Are they sure it was stewards videoing. The reason asking that fans are always being filmed inside and outside the ground. The police always video away fans especially for intelligence etc.

If filming for filming sake I think this is not allowed as there are guidelines that have to be met to be allow this practice and the club should adhere to this.

Yes two stewards now have the permanent job.

Police also filmed SE Corner v Millwall and Leeds despite their being no disorder. Complaint ongoing regarding this.

Seems to me that the stewards were trying to provoke a reaction from the Palace fans,

which fortunately was never gonna happen, were extra, 'outsider' stewards drafted in for

this match ?

That company they use, Showcase I think it is, have been working a few games now.

Seems to me that the stewards were trying to provoke a reaction from the Palace fans,

which fortunately was never gonna happen, were extra, 'outsider' stewards drafted in for

this match ?

Why would they do that ? Just extra work for them. I know a bunch of stewards and the easier they can make it, happier they are.

Can tell you now the complaint in respect of filming SE corner against Milwall will go nowhere. This is standard practice within the police and has been going on for the last 7-8yrs however more covertly.

Don't expect it to go anywhere but more so making them aware that it is not acceptable. Other questions of what is the footage used for and when and how is it disposed need to be answered.

I dont really want to be making statements on forums but a police camera should really not be used for taking photos / videos of police family members should it!!!

It may sound daft, but wouldnt it be an idea to have stewards from the away side's club,

stewarding their own supporters at away matches.. if you get my drift..

just a thought...shoot me ...lol

Great idea. Sometimes away clubs let us take our own stewards and it used to be great. Some clubs dont like this but many opted to have our own and issues never occured to my knowledge when it did happen.

if you're not doing anything wrong, then why get so wound up about being on Camera. You're being watched by CCTV cameras from the roof anyway.

Sounds to me like people trying to find any reason to kick up an argument with someone in authority.

Archived