Disgraceful Stewarding in Away End v Palace

therams69

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you're not doing anything wrong, then why get so wound up about being on Camera. You're being watched by CCTV cameras from the roof anyway.

Sounds to me like people trying to find any reason to kick up an argument with someone in authority.

Can't agree with that. If I'm not causing a problem, why should I be treated like a criminal?

The ones near me (east stand, towards north) are well fit. Well done Derby.

You must sit near me. There are two blond ones who sit together, one of whom is a right snotty madam. The girl who sits on her own nearer the corner flag is lovely. I must admit I occasionally 'take my eye off the ball' in dull matches.

Surely the reason why clubs don't take there own stewards is down to cost to my knowlege our stewards get 25 quid for sumat like 2-6 but if we took them away then it would cost more with travel costs and more working hours

From where I was sat, when a Palace song went up a whole line of stewards jumped straight up the stairs. I carried on watching expecting to see someone get chucked out but they didn't, they came back downstairs after only a few seconds up there. I did wonder if anything happened but obviously not.

Well done to Palace fans, 3 nowt down and still singing, which is what a few Rams do too when the chips are down.

Should have added, the Palace fans have proof of our Hitlers stewards trying to provoke a reaction? If this is so, I'd definatley make a formal complaint because that's no way to steward a match and frankly I'm embarrassed.

Regarding filming though, is permission needed to do this? Or is it written somewhere on the ground rules outside PP? And why were some stewards in different colours? Can't say I've noticed that before but I did on Sat.

Re: Home clubs stewards travelling to away matches :-

Every club would have to go down this line for it to work, that way the number of stewards employed

by each club would be reduced, with no need for the 'home' club to monitor the away fans, as they would be monitored

by 'trusted' away stewards. Obviously the numbers of stewards would have to be determined by the amount of support

expected. Also, your own clubs stewards would get to know the 'signs' of anything that may be unruly

Its just me thinking out loud, I don't expect it to happen.

I've seen derby stewards at away games before?

Yes, you have, but what i'm saying is in response to the fact that 'our stewards' were watching over the Palace lot,

if Palace had brought enough of their own stewards to oversee their fans, surely thats got to be the way it should be.

IYSWIM

And, if a Palace fan was hit by whoever it was in a HV vest for no reason in particular, there's no way I'd let that one rest until I'd had him prosecuted for assault, cos that's simply not on.

Can't agree with that. If I'm not causing a problem, why should I be treated like a criminal?

Good point.

I think any normal, law abiding citizen only has to step foot inside a football stadium and you become a potential hooligan in the clubs eyes - but, if the fans worst crime is standing up & chanting and getting rough treatment and provoked by the stewards, maybe it's them who are the thugs?

You must sit near me. There are two blond ones who sit together, one of whom is a right snotty madam. The girl who sits on her own nearer the corner flag is lovely. I must admit I occasionally 'take my eye off the ball' in dull matches.

Correct!

The bloke with white hair in his white coat ruins it though when he walks down.

if you are being filmed in public on CCTV, you have a right to demand to see any footage that you feel that you maybe on. There should be a name and contact number of the person who looks after the footage displayed publically for everyone to see.

fact.

I noticed this and was going to make comment in one of my posts yesterday. They kept telling them to sit down and i noticed a few fans being ejected. If they want to stand, let them fookin stand.

They can't just let them stand. It's normally a condition of the stadiums safety certificate that fans remain setated during the game. If the club just allow fans to stand (without at least making an effort to get them to sit down) then they are massively liable should anything during the game, and are also at risk of having the safety certificate withdrawn (which means no watching Derby at home for any of us).

It's also a condition of the ground regulations (that you agree to when you buy a ticket and enter the stadium) that you sit while play is in progress. It's perfectly clear in these regulations that if you persistently stand, you will be ejected.

Archived