Disgraceful Stewarding in Away End v Palace

therams69

Thank you all for your comments - this is the most civilized football club forum I've ever visited!

There is a feeling amongst some this end that maybe your club were fed some false "intelligence" about our fans and a stronger than usual stewarding approach was adopted as a result.

They probably saw that you had an Ultras group and thought you were going to try and take the East Stand or something. Then again, maybe they thought they'd have a competition with the Stewards in the away end at Selhurst on how many people they could throw out.

Hope it all gets sorted out for you.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They probably saw that you had an Ultras group and thought you were going to try and take the East Stand or something.

Yes we have a group who are sometimes known as Ultras but it's that they are full on in their support, not a violent group at all! But yes it could have been a factor.

Of course we're all civilized - our Lord & Master Daveo rules with a rod of iron! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

We're happy campers here.

Hi de hi 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Its what he does with his rod under Cleethorpes pier that worries me.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

from the a die hard derby fan i am sad to hear what happened you should maybe write in to out chiremen tom glick, but we were delt simural against blackpool as many derby fan were refused for no reason, and main excause was derby fans were drunk and out of crontol and that was not true and i think derby fans traveled in such large numbers i think they knew they messed up badly, and another reason was they over sold tickets and maid pay on the day so i think many derby fans came for the day without tickets, and i think they would not able to fit us all in one stand.

There is a link to this forum on the Palace fans' site.

If you do honestly believe that the stewarding is not appropriate then an email from you to your chief exec will add some weight to that view and that it's not just whingeing away fans who are complaining!

Well all I can say is will this get any different treatment to the Wednesday fans at Blackpool?

Strewarding is questioned by all who get on the wrong side of it, and in all honestly when I have seen stewards ejecting fans I seldom have seen any of the events leading up to it because attention is only drawn to it once the fans are being confronted on their actions or ejected.

• 2 months later...

Palace fan here, just in case anyone was wondering, the 2 lads that got arrested that day, have both had their charges dropped.

That's great news and it must be a huge relief for the 2 concerned.

DCFC must have looked deeper into it then and gotten to the bottom of it. I wonder if any of the stewards concerned have had their knuckles rapped - but I won't hold my breath. Let's hope the outcome is to review such uneccessary heavy handedness.

I hope the said 2 have claimed back expenses, as I believe they have had to return to Derby to the police and pay for that out of their own pocket? I won't hold me breath there either.

Palace fan here, just in case anyone was wondering, the 2 lads that got arrested that day, have both had their charges dropped.

Took them bloody long enough! Appart from that good, justice has been done and we'll see you next season.

That's good news, a few bad stewards give the rest a bad reputation. Shame it rolled on for so long.

If you know them, tell them I'm sorry.

Tell them there's a pint in the waterfall next game for them, ask for Rynny.

That's great news and it must be a huge relief for the 2 concerned.

DCFC must have looked deeper into it then and gotten to the bottom of it. I wonder if any of the stewards concerned have had their knuckles rapped - but I won't hold my breath. Let's hope the outcome is to review such uneccessary heavy handedness.

I hope the said 2 have claimed back expenses, as I believe they have had to return to Derby to the police and pay for that out of their own pocket? I won't hold me breath there either.

I'm not too sure to be honest, one lad had to travel to Derby twice, the first time, they said they wasn't ready to deal with him so sent him straight back home! Hopefully they can claim expenses.

That's good news, a few bad stewards give the rest a bad reputation. Shame it rolled on for so long.

If you know them, tell them I'm sorry.

Tell them there's a pint in the waterfall next game for them, ask for Rynny.

Very nice of you, I'll let them know. Might pop in there with them as I normally travel to games with them.

i am glad your palace fans got some jutice i just hope what ever staward who treated your fans so badly, gets what is coming to him maybe the club might make that stward pay for your cost of tickets and travel from derby to london number of times, that might teach him to be a little less hard handed in the future.

Very nice of you, I'll let them know. Might pop in there with them as I normally travel to games with them.

You might want to go to the Brunswick and ask for the fat Dom Joly lookalike. Rynny might be surprised to see you at the Waterfall, especially when he has burly men keeping away fans from the booze.

You might want to go to the Brunswick and ask for the fat Dom Joly lookalike. Rynny might be surprised to see you at the Waterfall, especially when he has burly men keeping away fans from the booze.

I resemble that comment!

Archived