What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Beautiful. Think you might like this, though I've no particular idea why. I came across it on a show called The OA, which i also loved.

Thank you for this, you were right, I really like it.

Will check out that show.

• 2 weeks later...

To get into this track, here's what you do, at 5.15 am find a deserted highway, preferably over a mountain, have a sip of the coffee you brought along, accelerate to 122 km per hour and put this on at 67% volume

Worked for me

13 hours ago, 61GT said:

Coincidentally I bought Kind of Blue a couple of months back.

Not listened to much jazz before but absolutely love it. Such a refreshing change from most mainstream rock/pop.

One of the greatest albums (of any genre) ever recorded - even more astonishing when you realise that Davis only gave the musicians brief outlines of what they were to play and the sessions were recorded with minimal rehearsals - a work of genius....

10 hours ago, Crewton said:

Full volume, windows open, give it plenty

That got me bustin for a Blocbuster.  Turned up the volume even higher on my Genelec's and blasted this out the nearby open window. 

My neighbor ran out with his hands held high in the air, again.

Thanks Crewton

@ramit I used to think I had a somewhat eclectic choice in music! 😂

Here's a Big Band, Bristol style, called the Dutty Moonshine Big Band. Kinda anarchic and chaotic mash up of drum & base, grunge, techno, rap, jazz hall and Ska. Yeah, I know it sounds bonkers!

They get booked for the big summer festies, but the small venue stuff is really their thing. Seeing them in February with my lot in Bristol at the Beacon which is their spiritual home. It'll be musical bedlam. Probably an acquired taste in fairness, but I love them. Here's a D & B type number with French horns from the SWX in Bristol which may be a tad hard. The one below that is from Nozstock and showcases their brass section a little more. Can't find any tape of the full band on at once, but they can have up to 20 players all giving it the beans at once. Check out the last track in particular. Properly infectious stuff. Helps that the band themselves are cool AF as seem most of the Bristol crews to be fair.

9 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

@ramit I used to think I had a somewhat eclectic choice in music! 😂

Here's a Big Band, Bristol style, called the Dutty Moonshine Big Band. Kinda anarchic and chaotic mash up of drum & base, grunge, techno, rap, jazz hall and Ska. Yeah, I know it sounds bonkers!

They get booked for the big summer festies, but the small venue stuff is really their thing. Seeing them in February with my lot in Bristol at the Beacon which is their spiritual home. It'll be musical bedlam. Probably an acquired taste in fairness, but I love them. Here's a D & B type number with French horns from the SWX in Bristol which may be a tad hard. The one below that is from Nozstock and showcases their brass section a little more. Can't find any tape of the full band on at once, but they can have up to 20 players all giving it the beans at once. Check out the last track in particular. Properly infectious stuff. Helps that the band themselves are cool AF as seem most of the Bristol crews to be fair.

Well that certainly is different 

I enjoyed Fall From Grace

I am still so down you know, this is as upbeat as I can manage ATM