Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

i would not mind if put a bid in for rob wallace from burnly we have not really got a free kick takers, as for me ben davies does not cut it here i rather have rob wallace than ben davies he take a odd good free kick or a corner but most of the time, he hits them to long to short or soft and **** meaning easy for players to read.

most ridiculous thing I have read on here for a long time. He is one of the most productive players in the division!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for a suggestion upfront, Nicky Maynard who has by all accounts been awful this season so much so the fans are right on his back and the interest that was mounted for him in the summer is completely gone.

In january he will have 6 months on his contract and will be available, as Bristol won't want to chuck to much money at a troubled striker, by all accounts a good player out of form.

I'm not saying another striker is a must but this could be a possibility.

I'm afraid we signed wrong Kilbane.

There are better one in lower leagues.

Evo-Stik League Division One North side Trafford have signed experienced defender Farrell Kilbane - brother of former Sunderland, Everton, Wigan Athletic and Ireland international Kevin Kilbane, who is currently on loan at Derby County from Hull City.

"He’s a prison warden at HMP Garth so he’s very very disciplined and a personal trainer so his fitness won’t be a problem.

"He’s got a good brain and will be a good influence on the team. He’s also a lovely guy. I pick them carefully so he won’t be bringing an ego with him."

On his debut last Saturday, Kilbane (pictured) helped Trafford to a marvellous 4-1 away win at Clitheroe, lifting Trafford into fifth place in Division One North.

[url=http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?newsmode=FULL&nid=79906]http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=79906

Derby County trials for Daryl Carrigy

It’s not every day a 15 year old youth gets to hang out and play soccer with professionals such as Kevin Kilbane and the likes, but that is exactly what Longford’s Daryl Carrigy was doing last month when he was invited over to Derby County in England to participate in trials with the well established club.

Following on from his début appearance with the U15 Ireland soccer squad earlier this year, Ardagh’s centre forward ace was spotted in top form on the playing fields of Derby County during the trials which were held a couple of weeks ago. He is currently in his second season with Dublin league topping side, Stella Maris.

http://www.longfordleader.ie/news/local/derby_county_trials_for_daryl_carrigy_1_3229350

Sounds one of the top talents in ireland after reading that. It'll only take one cracking season this year to alert other scouts to him though.

Then again, two of our Youth strikers the two England u15 strikers anyway so he might not get the playing time. I suppose the thing to look at is will he get a look-in if we bring him in considering those to will be the main strikers in the Youth side once Ball leaves it this year.

Bennet isn't the only promising striker, Kwame Thomas looks decent too. (I think that's his name if memory serves!)

Sounds one of the top talents in ireland after reading that. It'll only take one cracking season this year to alert other scouts to him though.

Then again, two of our Youth strikers the two England u15 strikers anyway so he might not get the playing time. I suppose the thing to look at is will he get a look-in if we bring him in considering those to will be the main strikers in the Youth side once Ball leaves it this year.

Bennet isn't the only promising striker, Kwame Thomas looks decent too. (I think that's his name if memory serves!)

Yeah but Bennet is part of the 1st team now and will be until either tyson or davies is fit, so that will be at least 6-9 months 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

• 2 weeks later...

Ashley Westwood, Arron Webster, Max Clayton, Calvin Zola. (Nigel's wet dream)

In all seriousness I'd be chuffed to nuts with them four in Derby shirts.

Cant say I agree with that! Zola has always been a L2 player at best.

Been said many of times but Jordan Rhodes. I think he's that 20 goals a season striker we need.

Cant say I agree with that! Zola has always been a L2 player at best.

Okay maybe I got carried away with the last one!

Yeah Rhodes would be good or how about Swindon's Leon Clarke? Di Canio said he would never play for the club again, he's at Chesterfield for 3 months and he's got 9 goals already. Maybe we should nick him in January?

Ashley Westwood, Arron Webster, Max Clayton, Calvin Zola. (Nigel's wet dream)

In all seriousness I'd be chuffed to nuts with them four in Derby shirts.

Hmmm - interesting shopping list, you have there!

Max Clayton scored his first 'league' goal on Saturday (95th minute winner).

Saw the video on MUTV of him playing for Crewe's U-18s against ManU last season. He scored a hat-trick in that game, and he reminded me so much of King Kevin with his finishing.

BTW I understand that Tottenham/Liverpool are both watching him at the moment.

Archived