Another pointless sacking

ramexpat

Gary Megson has been sacked at Sheff Wed , the club are in 3rd place, 2 points behind 2nd place, why sack a manager in March fighting for promotion, and he won the Sheffield derby at the weekend, silly move same as Huddersfield sacking Lee Clark , [url=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11703/7556246/Megson-leaves-Wednesday]http://www1.skysport...eaves-Wednesday

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if every the 'fit and proper person' test has been shown to be a waste of time it's with Manadaric - it seems that he wants to be the manager at every club he's owned and continues to make these barmy decisions. I'm no fan of Megson, but unless there is more to this thank meets than eye, this is ridiculous....

I was thinking that.

Bet Huddersfield are delighted at sacking Clark for drawing too many games, then get a draw from 2 up at Stevenage!!

They went one better today. 3-0 up but drew 3-3. Grayson out, I would think.

Sheffield Wed went to mighty Rochdale [second from bottom] and got a 0-0. Jones out

This sacking of managers is dead easy, isn't it. The problem seems to be that it often makes no difference at all but it makes Chairmen feel important. They are all managers at the end of the day. Wolves make a right cods of it too.

Clough in...but I would say that....

Can't judge a new manager by his first few games..

Sacking managers can work both ways, it can give a team an immediate boost of confidence and a 'purple patch' might follow, enough for a team to stay up.. Or it could unsettle a team and they begin to struggle..

A chairman has to weigh up whether their clubs are going to be better off in 3 years time with the current manager or possibly another one..

Both Huddlesfield and Sheff Wed had names in mind and both came to the conclusion that Grayson and Jones will take the club further than Clark and Megson.. That's fair enough.

Wolves on the other hand was just a case of getting rid of McCarthy without having someone lined up.. I think they're wise to wait until the summer until they choose their manager carefully.. Signing up a manager in the heat of the moment (Steve Cotterill) and tying him down to a 3 year contract is suicide.

As much as I want Clough out, I'd only do it on the basis of having the perfect manager lined up in the summer.. One that would take us to a different level.

I'd be thoroughly peed off if the board sacked Clough and installed an average longball new manager on a 3 year deal in the heat of the moment.. (like Megson)

Mandaric is a liabilty and has taken a risk here but I think it could pay off. It wouldn't surprise me if Dave Jones turned Wednesday into a play off contender in the champ.

Abramovich is a joke, if he hadn't signed Shevchenko and p***ed off Jose then technically, he would be able to cut season ticket prices by 25% if you took away all the money he's spent on manager since. Any manager to go near that club is mad, an ageing squad who think their bigger than the club and a control freak for an owner.

As much as I want Clough out, I'd only do it on the basis of having the perfect manager lined up in the summer.. One that would take us to a different level.

I'd be thoroughly peed off if the board sacked Clough and installed an average longball new manager on a 3 year deal in the heat of the moment.. (like Megson)

That's the whole problem though.

With the money we have available, and the amount the board are willing to spend on wages, we wouldn't get anyone proven, or anyone to take us to the next level.

Anyone see that QPR documentary yesterday. Was quite interesting. Showed their owners just hiring and firing, and showed them in the directors box calling the players and manager ***** if they didnt win. Not the way to run a football club but it still got them promoted somehow.

Archived