How important are the Rams to you and do you live for the next game

Curtains

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it runs in't family. Both sides, my grandad on my mums side was supporting them during the 30's and mentioned ' ' as his hero. He used to have a book under the table which I read everytime we visited without fail, loved all the league and top scorer history at the back. I'd be looking through and marveling about Steve Bloomers goal scoring record then he'd pipe up with ' ' was lethal! Can't remember his name now though.

Me dad watched them through the 70's and 80's, saw both titles and all the great European nights. Probably involved in all the hooliganism that was going off at the time but he always denied it. Went with one of me mams husbands, he was a nutter.

Me and dad started going together in the first season at pride park with my aunt and uncle and their son in law and kids. Good times!

It's in me blood int it!

well if the likes of leciester city can have billionaires and we are a much bigger club than they are, and our crowd wise we have 3 to 4 times bigger they avage 18 to 20k when ours is 25 to 26k so to me we are better club but yanks are not willing to invest no money when it need 10 to 12m spent on the team.

I have this terrible feeling that already by the age of 23, I will have seen the best football Derby can offer. Unless something drastic happens in the game itself, then I have to keep telling myself Eranio isn't coming back. (in some new guise). Currently it feels less like an enjoyable part of my life but more like a burden of frustration that I can no longer care for. What did keep me going was our unpredictable nature. Sadly at the moment we are nothing but predictable.

I don't think I could ever give up my season ticket or footy days out. I love the whole day...get up, go to the pub and drink and have a laugh with everyone, get on the bus, watch the Rams and either come home happy or go and have a few more drinks and watch MOTD and footy league show! It's how Saturdays should be. I am lucky in that I am a massive motor racing fanatic otherwise I don't know what I would do when the season ended.

With each successive season, maybe even each successive week, I find myself becoming more and more disinterested with the club; certainly to the point where I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket. I would go so far as to say that I can go to a match in a good mood, watch a bad performance; as they mostly are these days, and feel that my weekend has been ruined. And I'm paying hard cash for all this misery.

Then I come on here, read all the comments that people put, and the misery is further compounded.

I was wary of Clough from the start, but keen for him to prove me wrong. After 3 long years he still hasn't. The most telling thing for me now is the feeling of no hope for the club, the feeling that nothing will change anytime soon unless fans start to stay away in their thousands.

I've sat through the whole 3 amigos debacle and Phil Brown's tenure. At least things got done as a result of that. I look back and feel that I enjoyed the drama of it all the more back then, even though we sailed close to the wind.

This board and manager are so negative. I want to hear about promotion and how long they expect it to take? Billy Davies came in with a 3 year plan. It was exciting as it was risky. It got me interested though, and excited about going to games. All I hear these days is how mid table would be a "realistic result" for the season. Jesus, when were we last mid table? We are sliding towards the relegation zone again.

You listen to Roger Davies on Radio Derby and he is banging on about how over-rated the premier league is. Well, maybe so, but its more entertaining than the Championship, which we seem to have settled for, for the next few years.

I don't think I could ever give up my season ticket or footy days out. I love the whole day...get up, go to the pub and drink and have a laugh with everyone, get on the bus, watch the Rams and either come home happy or go and have a few more drinks and watch MOTD and footy league show! It's how Saturdays should be. I am lucky in that I am a massive motor racing fanatic otherwise I don't know what I would do when the season ended.

Have you got a boyfriend?

Do you want one?

Look my avatar - I'm a rate fittie.

With each successive season, maybe even each successive week, I find myself becoming more and more disinterested with the club; certainly to the point where I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket. I would go so far as to say that I can go to a match in a good mood, watch a bad performance; as they mostly are these days, and feel that my weekend has been ruined. And I'm paying hard cash for all this misery.

Then I come on here, read all the comments that people put, and the misery is further compounded.

I was wary of Clough from the start, but keen for him to prove me wrong. After 3 long years he still hasn't. The most telling thing for me now is the feeling of no hope for the club, the feeling that nothing will change anytime soon unless fans start to stay away in their thousands.

I've sat through the whole 3 amigos debacle and Phil Brown's tenure. At least things got done as a result of that. I look back and feel that I enjoyed the drama of it all the more back then, even though we sailed close to the wind.

This board and manager are so negative. I want to hear about promotion and how long they expect it to take? Billy Davies came in with a 3 year plan. It was exciting as it was risky. It got me interested though, and excited about going to games. All I hear these days is how mid table would be a "realistic result" for the season. Jesus, when were we last mid table? We are sliding towards the relegation zone again.

You listen to Roger Davies on Radio Derby and he is banging on about how over-rated the premier league is. Well, maybe so, but its more entertaining than the Championship, which we seem to have settled for, for the next few years.

Maybe if we flirt with relegation you'll get excited again, eh?

I definitely didn't enjoy the 'drama' with the 3 amigos. It was horrible.

Have you got a boyfriend?

Do you want one?

Look my avatar - I'm a rate fittie.

No I'm single....my last boyfriend was a Leeds fan so that was tricky to say the least.

Haha Asanovic...those were the days. Him and Stimac were great. Happy memories! Just hope we have something to cheer about soon.

No I'm single....my last boyfriend was a Leeds fan so that was tricky to say the least.

Haha Asanovic...those were the days. Him and Stimac were great. Happy memories! Just hope we have something to cheer about soon.

Brilliant! I'll give you a signed shirt.

Meet you outside Greggs before the Blackpool game?

. Brian Clough with his great Rams side lifted spirits big time when Rolls Royce nearly crashed. Football Teams like the Rams are vital to the local community.

Completely agree, and Brian handing out free tickets will always be a reminder that both the community needs its football team, and the football team needs its community.

As less and less of my mates go now, for various reasons, it's gone downhill. Still a good craic now and then when there's a big load of us, but I can't say I live for the next match, or live for football anymore. Don't know if that was ever the case actually - I can't remember the last time a loss wasn't greated with a "meh" or a win resulted in me skipping on air for days.

Ah well.

Oh, and what Shankley said is 100% wrong, no question.

How important to me is a club that I've never watched in person in a country that I've never even visited? Far too important as can be shown by how much I come on to this forum. I am a sad, strange little man.

i wish some of the fans who live in Derby share your dedication

Archived