How important are the Rams to you and do you live for the next game

Curtains

Not nearly as important as derby used to feel like. Where as before I used to love derby and the team, now I dislike a lot about my own club. Glick with his rehashed statements based on fantasy every year when it comes to grabbing more of my money, clough with his weird tactics, cliques in the dressing room and rowing with players over minor things. The man is as stubborn as a mule even when he is wrong. The fact that when we concede I'm no longer surprised or dissapointed, it's just an inevitability. I'm going to Birmingham on saturday and I fully expect us to lose or get a boring draw. I don't get excited by games as I used too and winning or losing doesn't affect my weekend as it did.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. Fair enough M8. Shankleys quote would be wrong I agree if he meant it literally but its a figure of speech in my opinion and he's just trying to stress the importance to people of what Football means in general to fans. I agree his quote too some could be construed as politically incorrect.

It's not "politically incorrect", it's just incorrect. He may have meant it as a figure of speech, I don't know, but it's generally held up by many as being true and what they actually believe - that football is the be all and end all of their lives. I think it's a load of nonsense. Football is very important to some people, less so to others, but it's never more important than family, friends, health etc and if it were, i'd find that incredibly sad.

Have you got a boyfriend?

Do you want one?

Look my avatar - I'm a rate fittie.

Get In the queue ya weeble, lol, I've seen her Facebook in her red dress, me n lil miss s have often teamed up on the red dogs on the banter pages, I'll buy a sausage roll and a pastie, n we can share a Ribena lol

i have been supporting 26 years now and nearly 27 years now and i have had a season ticket since pp opened, this will be my 17th season of wACHTING derby but recently my fire has not been as bright, this is i know what this team is cable off. until we get rid of the yanks nrothing going to change what needs to happen is that we need massive protest against them start from city centre and down to pp and asking all derby fans to join protesting before and after the game.

Lucky you weren't around when Maxwell was here!

I do really think that following your Football Team is very important and the people who say thats it I can't go on watching this anymore are only going to be unhappy unless they replace it with something else. Derby County like it or not fulfils a lot of peoples lives. If you love your Football Team you can't divorce it and remarry another Team because its still RAMS4LIFE

I give up quite a bit to watch Derby but it certainly isn't my life. I come on here and put my views across as I like a bit of banter and reading how different peoples' views can be. However, at the minute it is a struggle watching the Rams and I have thought about jacking it in this season and staying home with the radio on. I am not falling out of love with the club and I wouldn't dream of supporting anyone else. But- why give up my time and money doing something I don't enjoy and that frankly p*sses me off most of the time?

Rams 4 Life? yes..Rams=Life? Oh my goodness, no.

Archived