Derby County v Leicester City

davenportram

I think we are all in for a pheasant surprise........ a pheasant will land on the pitch - 23 mins (Ball to bag).

"Pluck me", said the pheasant after scoring the sensational winner in the 24th minute,"As I arrived, I saw the cross come in from Wardy and rose above Bally to head home". The crowd normally give me the bird. It's good to get one over Leicester though. Must fly" .

Well, It's a quiet day here,,,,

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one LB as well.

Shouldn't be too much to ask to have recognised cover in each specific position, should it?

Well we don't actually have a proper CF at the club apart from Theo- Tyson/ Davies and Ward are wingers and Ball can't be expected to pull up any trees yet. We don't have a ball winning midfielder. In fact, the only position we actually have cover for is GK

Completely agree Mr Tibbs, I thought he looked solid and ought to be given a chance rather than playing others out of their natural position.

I'd also like to see Alex Witham get his chance, his passing ability and his willingness to at least have a go from 25yrds out would be a welcome addition.

Any other club in the Championship would surely see the importance of bringing in cover for Brayford. He is out for the season probably . Brayford was also probably our next best option to cover for Roberts at left back. Green is a useful option for midfield surely. Naylor is still only 20 and deserves a chance but he could get slaughtered he has only made one sub appearance at this level. Green now gauranteed to be first choice at right back but come on 5 or 6 games maybe but 15 games what are they playing at ?

Apart from Naylor Buxton can do the basics at right or left back for the odd game but why do we always end up a patched up mess come the final third of the season.

As for the game. Its simply a damage limitation exercise. We are slipping away fast.

Cloughs team:

-----------------Fielding--------------------

-Green--Barker---Shackell---Roberts-

-Hendrick---Bryson---Carroll---Ward-

---------------Ball------Tyson--------------

My team:

-------------------Fielding------------------

-Green----Barker----Shackell---Roberts-

-------Bryson------Bailey----Hendrick------

Ward------------------------------------Tyson

----------------------Davies--------------------

Archived