Millwall v Derby County

CumbrianRam

At the risk of becoming boring and repetitive, I like Nigel Clough but his stubborn streak and his obsession with 'not losing as oppose to winning gets on my nerves.

I'm not a coach I admit. But Ive seen enough football to know that Connor Doyle is not anywhere near the standard we need to achieve our targets.

I love Nigel, but he gets on my nerves

I view it a little differently than you. I like the way our defence is hard to break down. After the games against Stoke and Barnsley it was important that we got something out of this game. As the late and great Brian Clough used to say: "If you keep a clean sheet you only need one goal to win" or "You start of with a point given to you, why throw it away"?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to let everyone know, Connor Doyle has been the best player in training for the past month and the improvement in his football has turned a lot of heads, including international scouts! From someone who works in Derby I got told he has been head and shoulders above everyone in training, as well as putting in a lot more hours than asked!

This is why he got a place in the squad, and exactly how it should be! Best player in training should be in the playing squad at least, keeps everyone on their toes... they know what to do!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> Haha nice one

awful game tbh, neither side had more than 2 good chances, though we had the best chance on about 43minutes when craig bryson missed an absolute sitter of a rebound :/

apart from that i dont think either side had a shot on target? pitiful, and cloughs tactic with 10 minutes to go was take of tyson, bring on buxton - a move i despise atm, utterly puts us under pressure for the last 15min and gives us no chance of a goal with ball as the loan striker

Lack of creativity? We're not that bad.

Yeah, we haven't got a Biaino or Bueno but most teams don't.

The reason why we're not creating chances is we don't have any midfielders on the top of their game. All of them, I feel, are working hard enough but I think they can all play much much better...

awful game tbh, neither side had more than 2 good chances, though we had the best chance on about 43minutes when craig bryson missed an absolute sitter of a rebound :/

apart from that i dont think either side had a shot on target? pitiful, and cloughs tactic with 10 minutes to go was take of tyson, bring on buxton - a move i despise atm, utterly puts us under pressure for the last 15min and gives us no chance of a goal with ball as the loan striker

Buxton came on in the 86th minute.

Well we've improved on last season while further reducing the wage bill so I'm happy with Clough in the context of the playing budget he has. I'm not happy with the board though. In business you need to speculate taking sensible managed risks if you want to grow the business. I don't think we're many sensible signings away from a top 6 side. The board are unwilling to take this step. Board out.

Lack of creativity? We're not that bad.

Yeah, we haven't got a Biaino or Bueno but most teams don't.

The reason why we're not creating chances is we don't have any midfielders on the top of their game. All of them, I feel, are working hard enough but I think they can all play much much better...

Have to slightly disagree, my complaint is that if you know you are going to play a tight match every game, then you focus on looking from scoring from deadball situations, would be very interested to know the stats of how many goals we've scored from a corner or a freekick?

Or even last time when we scored a goal from a shot outside of the penalty area? Thats the problem with me, we are stuck between two dismal stools at the moment. And the stat about us not scoring in the last 10 mins sums up Clough's attitude to being adventurous.

Archived