GAME OFF

col70

Thanks for the kind words....you would ot believe how peed off we all are. The coach from london cancelled on us at 6:00 this morning so i just spent 2000 on 32 train tickets that we now cant use!! Its completely pathetic, we have been walking around London all morning and everything is moving normally.

Gutted, for the lads that have come over with me more than anything, their first trip to England and they will be leaving with this memory. The country stinks!

I'm sorry to hear all that mate. It's probably right to cancel but they should consider fans like yourselves who are travelling thousands of miles to get here and postpone it earlier.

The club should reimburse you at least, and offer you free tickets and travel to the re-arranged game. Mr Glick would be making a big mistake if he doesn't. This club has great fans all over the world, and the club should never take them for granted.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to hear all that mate. It's probably right to cancel but they should consider fans like yourselves who are travelling thousands of miles to get here and postpone it earlier.

The club should reimburse you at least, and offer you free tickets and travel to the re-arranged game. Mr Glick would be making a big mistake if he doesn't. This club has great fans all over the world, and the club should never take them for granted.

I would e-mail him, you've got nothing to lose!

Glicky on RD said they're looking at either tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest for a rematch date and they all (Cloughie included) had to dig themselves out this morning. He's just as disappointed by this as we all are too but fans safety is paramount.

Really?

Monday or tuesday this week?

God im wasting some money on diesel this month!

Really?

Monday or tuesday this week?

God im wasting some money on diesel this month!

That's what TG said - tom or Tuesday for a rematch date.

First post, so hello to you all!

I dropped my Mrs. off at the Wyvern this morning at 10.30. All the roads and pavements around that area were deadly. A 52 was 1 lane each way only also. Imagine all the normal match traffic down to 1 lane? So it seems that the club can clear the area around the ground, but the approaches were in a state. I'm no health and safety nut, but I think the right thing happened here.

Died with laughter when I saw the "We only had 10 men" sign hanging from the bridge. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Brilliant!!

I feel sorry for you and your friends Muespach. Always a worry that game get cancelled for some reason just when you've made the trip to England. The reason to be a couple of inches snow and you being from Switzerland, well I can guess how you must feel. I hope you guys still succeed to enjoy your stay otherwise.

Thanks for the kind words....you would ot believe how peed off we all are. The coach from london cancelled on us at 6:00 this morning so i just spent 2000 on 32 train tickets that we now cant use!! Its completely pathetic, we have been walking around London all morning and everything is moving normally.

Gutted, for the lads that have come over with me more than anything, their first trip to England and they will be leaving with this memory. The country stinks!

Mate, get in touch with the club. tom.glick@dcfc.co.uk. I'm sure they will try to help regarding the replay. You have no doubt spent hundreds each on this. Don't blame the club but see if they will help you at least.

The word in the wind is that the Police, Council and Highways all strongly recommended to both Derby and Forest to cancel the game, as they felt that having 30,000 plus people on the road system, which is good in places and awful in others, could potentially put too much strain on the system. DCFC and Forest spoke to the FA and then agreed that the advice was sound and took it.

I expect that is quite close to it, and I expect that if TG insisted it should go ahead, the Police would have just said no, end of.

Glicky on RD said they're looking at either tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest for a rematch date and they all (Cloughie included) had to dig themselves out this morning. He's just as disappointed by this as we all are too but fans safety is paramount.

Did he really say that?? Didn't hear the interview but would be very happy if it was!! I think Chesterfield had a game postponed the other week and it was rescheduled for the day after?

The word in the wind is that the Police, Council and Highways all strongly recommended to both Derby and Forest to cancel the game, as they felt that having 30,000 plus people on the road system, which is good in places and awful in others, could potentially put too much strain on the system. DCFC and Forest spoke to the FA and then agreed that the advice was sound and took it.

I expect that is quite close to it, and I expect that if TG insisted it should go ahead, the Police would have just said no, end of.

****** to the police,council and highways agency this game should have been played today

i'm still pissed off 4 hours later so i cant imagine how Muespache and his mates feel about it

they probably think ****** to going to a game in England cos a few inches of snow and it will be off

First post, so hello to you all!

I dropped my Mrs. off at the Wyvern this morning at 10.30. All the roads and pavements around that area were deadly. A 52 was 1 lane each way only also. Imagine all the normal match traffic down to 1 lane? So it seems that the club can clear the area around the ground, but the approaches were in a state. I'm no health and safety nut, but I think the right thing happened here.

Died with laughter when I saw the "We only had 10 men" sign hanging from the bridge. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Brilliant!!

The Council had at least 24 hours notice that the snow was on its way and it fell exactly as predicted. They also knew there was a big match (which was being televised ) between Derby and Nottingham. Councils were also heavily criticsed for their poor response last winter, so should have learned from their mistakes?.

So how at 10.30 . some 12 hours after the snow had stopped falling , was the main road between derby and Nottingham down to only 1 lane?

In any other orgainisation ie not a local government, the person responsible for this debacle would be sacked. Its sucha n embarrassment especaillya s other football games at Newcastle and at Chelsea were played today.

I've just got back from my 300+ roundtrip journey for the match.

Villa fans travelled to the Newcastle game.

Those Manure fans not actually in the SE travelled from all over to Stamford Bridge.

The roads were fine and the stadium was fine but apparently fans in the East Midlands can't get to PPS???

Who actually took the decision and were they being excitable with a little bit of snow or could'nt be arsed on a Sunday morning?

Not the first time this has happened either.....

Archived