GAME OFF

col70

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you all enjoyed the talk in tonight?!? Brought to you all the way from -23 Switzerland, an still snowing..! But, everyone still going about their business as normal.

Just listened to it mate, you came across really well (no pun intended)

Really hope you get something sorted out!

Thought you came across very well. Fair play for keeping your cool throughout the disappointing experience.

Think this one will be remembered for a long time to be fair.

Without wanting to stir a hornets nest, you might even want to contact a PR company or a local newspaper who might even run the story.

That way it gets media attention and you never know, a company might dive in to fund the journey for the replay.

Either that or we all chip in a fiver and see how much we can raise... could all meet up for beers before the game.

Now that would be in the proper spirit of things. Hey if we can raise £2000 for a plane, sure as hell we can get some Rams fans over to watch a game??

Thought you came across very well. Fair play for keeping your cool throughout the disappointing experience.

Agree with the above 100% - and can confirm that buses/trains really do run on time in Switzerland!

Hey Muespach, did you watch the Chelsea match in the Waterfall? Pretty sure I heard a couple of lads speaking French when I was in there.

Hey mate, no, we didnt make it that far I am afraid, the coach company cancelled on us for the trip from London to Derby forcing us to buy train tickets at 2 grand for the lot of us....only for the game to be called off 2 minutes before the train was to depart, so we stayed in a pub in London and watched the United game...

Without wanting to stir a hornets nest, you might even want to contact a PR company or a local newspaper who might even run the story.

That way it gets media attention and you never know, a company might dive in to fund the journey for the replay.

Either that or we all chip in a fiver and see how much we can raise... could all meet up for beers before the game.

Now that would be in the proper spirit of things. Hey if we can raise £2000 for a plane, sure as hell we can get some Rams fans over to watch a game??

Yes, defintiely up for a meet up for the re arranged game, or even for another game, they are all desperate to come back to actually see a game, it would be great to give them a "reception" in the Waterfall or such like.

I am currently talking with the Derby Telegraph about the story, just sent some pictures through to them, one of my phone and the temperature being -20 here, as we departed, with no problems at all.!

Also BmiBaby might be doing a "deal" for us too.....!!!

EVERYONE has been so kind.....and yet, i am still completely sick for all the boys.

You came across very well last night Muespach, I really hope the club help you out for your next visit.

By the way, did anyone else notice what BBC replaced us with on Sunday?

FROZEN PLANET !!

The Beeb trying to be funny fookers...

Anyhoo - Muespach, - heard you on the radio, and the fan who was travelling from Jersey - did RD and the Telegraph get in touch with you then? How did that work?

Yeah a bit ironic TTR but summed up the day.

I hope the club sorts something out for you Mike and the 30 odd mates who have been let down. You made your point well and kept calm despite the aborted journey and expense involved. I only have to travel about 60 miles to Derby but had decided to set of at 9am to make sure I got there okay.

I must be one of the few people who still believe in the worse case scenario to get your hiking boots on and get to a main road or public transport. My contingency was similar to yours by catching the train down if need be and walking the 3 miles to Donny train station. I don't need Mr Glick to look after as I'm a grown adult and can decide if I class it as safe to travel or not.

As I said Mike, I really hope the club contributes in someway, even if it's a case of offering you and your friend free tickets for a weekend game with a free meal thrown in.

Best of luck in sorting something.

Hey mate, no, we didnt make it that far I am afraid, the coach company cancelled on us for the trip from London to Derby forcing us to buy train tickets at 2 grand for the lot of us....only for the game to be called off 2 minutes before the train was to depart, so we stayed in a pub in London and watched the United game...

Yes, defintiely up for a meet up for the re arranged game, or even for another game, they are all desperate to come back to actually see a game, it would be great to give them a "reception" in the Waterfall or such like.

I am currently talking with the Derby Telegraph about the story, just sent some pictures through to them, one of my phone and the temperature being -20 here, as we departed, with no problems at all.!

Also BmiBaby might be doing a "deal" for us too.....!!!

EVERYONE has been so kind.....and yet, i am still completely sick for all the boys.

I've mentioned it before but have you contacted the club yet? To inspire 30 people to come to see the rams from the continent is no small thing! You are ahead of the board with "global branding". Im sure Tom will want to help/encourage you for the replay.

[size=3]I just got this email from one of the guys who came to England with me at the weekend.....thought i would share it with you all.[/size]

[size=2]I[size=4] read the messages on the forum of Derby FC fans (I searched on google). You’re MuesapchRam! Great pseudo;-)[/size][/size]

[size=4]Members of the forum are really kind. It’s strange from part of people we don’t never met… but <I want still more to meet them and to see a match with them!

You can thank them for their friendly messages.[/size]

Dcfc should make u guests of honour n fly u over and ur friends, they would get a good deal with a airline and a mini bus from airport, n tickets in a box!!

Cost them about 2.5 k I reckon max

Not about money it's about 30+ fans wanting to watching OUR Club!

I have already had 3 messages from the boys I persuaded to come with me for the game saying they are gutted they can't come to the rearranged game, and will it be on TV so we can watch it at home!?

I am so sad for them all.

I really feel for you mate. It's not the clubs fault but I'd hope they'd do something as a gesture.

Thanks boys and girls... I have been in touch with the club, and an airline regarding flying us over....see what comes of it. My story is in the telegraph on thursday i believe and another radio interview to be arranged, probably tomorrow.

Maybe if a few people wrote to Mr Glick it might help my cause?

Thanks so much. Cant wait to get them all over there to see a game!

Archived