Your all time classic tracks

froggg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fierce mode today - the first track is a proper wall of noise and I love it. From the Furs album, All of this and Nothing - skip to 1 minute 40 secs if you're the impatient kind as the the serene intro is quite long and gives you no hint of what is to come - play loud but not when driving as you'll end up being arrested for speeding, trust me!

This track was firmly on my mum's most hated list - needless to say, I played it all the time. My lovely and incredibly patient mum used to call it wind up music, the sort that leads to violence but in actual fact I think it was an outlet for such negative emotions. Over to you...

Just in case my rubbish taste has left you just as traumatised as it did my dear old mum, here's one to (hopefully) soothe your ragged nerves :lol:

"I just completed Gran Turismo on the hardest setting" is surely a contender for greatest line ever.

Next up in early noughties British social commentary that should be taught in schools.

And finally, remember, you're 45th generation Roman.

On 10/04/2018 at 01:37, Lambchop said:

Whatever happened to Matt Johnson? Soul Mining was one of the best albums of the 80s. 

He took a break from making music ( think his brother died and he decided music wasn't important anymore) - but TheThe are back and touring this year ?

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

He took a break from making music ( think his brother died and he decided music wasn't important anymore) - but TheThe are back and touring this year ?

Thanks. I’ve just rebought the CDs again. 

On 4/15/2018 at 07:09, 86 points said:

Always make me feel like crying though I've absolutely no idea why :huh:

It;s his voice.....

Archived