Your all time classic tracks

froggg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lambchop we saw Nick Cave at Glasto - would have been 2012 or 13ish. He was best thing there. He had the crowd on strings!

@ramit my mum loved this tune. The name didn't immediately strike a bell but the opening chords did. She passed having contracted MRSA a long while back while in hospital for a routine biopsy - this immediately reminded me of her so thank you for raising a smile fella :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

we saw Nick Cave at Glasto - would have been 2012 or 13ish. He was best thing there. He had the crowd on strings!

I saw him when he was doing Grinderman; it’s one of the most genuinely scary things I’ve witnessed, visceral, intense and totally unpredictable. 

On 4/10/2018 at 01:37, Lambchop said:

Whatever happened to Matt Johnson? Soul Mining was one of the best albums of the 80s. 

He was on 6 music recently. From what I recall, he took a massive break from music after his brother and mother died in the late 1980s. This tragedy affected his creativity and drive. There was a documentary called The Inertia Variations, all about him, released last year. I also heard (what I think was) his return to singing last year...again on 6 music.  His voice sounded just as good

Archived