Derby vs Leicester Groupon deal

Hucknall Ram

Well,sorry to you season ticket holders but,I for one can only afford these types of deals.

I can finally take my lad to a game that won't skint me for the month.

Surley you can see that we're not all minted and can spend hundreds on a season ticket.

Think I maybe the only season ticket holder that doesn't have a problem with it

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well,sorry to you season ticket holders but,I for one can only afford these types of deals.

Surley you can see that we're not all minted and can spend hundreds on a season ticket.

Exactly, season ticket holders pay for the privilege of having a guaranteed seat for all of the home league matches. The offers don't mean that non season ticket holders get to see all of the games cheaper, just a few. If there were no offers for some games the gates would be down and people would moan about that too.

Its like buying a ticket for a gig or airline then throwing your toys out of the pram because they reduce the price to sell the last few tickets nearer the date.

Makes perfect sense to me, its on TV on a Thursday night, people will be reluctant to pay for full price for a match ticket because of this.

So the club decides to try to get a full ground and bring some revenue in, I have a ST and dont see what the problem with this is, I would much rather see a full ground than 23k, and if it brings more money into the club great.

I never really have a good word about how this club is run, but cannot see any negatives to this deal to the club or ST holders.

once they've got your season ticket money they don't give a monkey's toss about season ticket holders.

absolute disgrace and on a thursday night ffs

If they didn't give a toss why do they give you a discount on your season ticket if renew early? Also give you 10% discount at the club shop? Can non-season ticket holders get these offers?

Exactly, season ticket holders pay for the privilege of having a guaranteed seat for all of the home league matches. The offers don't mean that non season ticket holders get to see all of the games cheaper, just a few. If there were no offers for some games the gates would be down and people would moan about that too.

Its like buying a ticket for a gig or airline then throwing your toys out of the pram because they reduce the price to sell the last few tickets nearer the date.

YES!!!!!! You see it how I do. That's two of us, maybe LeedsRam too so that's three.

I have no problem with these offers at all, as said it still doesn't make it cheaper if you went to every game than an average season ticket.

Although I can see why some people do get a little ticked off, i'd say the majority of our season ticket holders aren't "minted", me for one, some people spend the whole year saving for it, lots of sacrifices met just to get one.. then after all the effort to afford one this comes along, I think it's principle more than anything that annoys people.

I think it is rather nice from time to time give people a chance to see their club that they love. When I had a season ticket for my team here and there were these deals I felt happy to be in situation that I could afford to pay a season ticket in the summer. I had a lot of friends who couldn't and they didn't consider themselves as the lucky ones.

I have no problem with these offers at all, as said it still doesn't make it cheaper if you went to every game than an average season ticket.

Although I can see why some people do get a little ticked off, i'd say the majority of our season ticket holders aren't "minted", me for one, some people spend the whole year saving for it, lots of sacrifices met just to get one.. then after all the effort to afford one this comes along, I think it's principle more than anything that annoys people.

ST's are expensive but still way cheaper than adding all of the offers up together over a season, coupled with getting crap seats with the offers and the uncertainty of getting a ticket at all. ST's are still a good thing and no-one is getting short changed. If its a principle thing then people should be happy as they know they have a ticket for the game and know where they are going to be sitting- no-one else does.

As froggg says, that is a fair point. It's not your fault that ST holders (and I'm one) feel a bit short changed - and when the chance comes to get to match, you have to take advantage of these offers. Why not? I'd do the same.

Good on em, it's Sky's decision to move it to a Thursday, the club have to try and get the numbers they would have done on a Saturday somehow. Brings in people who can't normally afford it/work weekends. And it also brings in casual supporters, and to be honest I'd rather have them than some of the w*ankers sat near me booing, slagging players off, calling Clough all match that have season tickets.

Totally agree with the "this is a rip off" brigade. Having just stumped up £250 for a half season ticket, with a view to getting a full season one next year and planning my life for the next 4 months around the home games, having to drive from Manchester for them, the club then start moving the bloody games around to midweek, which is a real pain, gonna have to drive straight from work, then sell off the tickets at £10 a pop when I've paid £20.83 for mine, like you say this is ripping off the loyal fans!

Actually, does anyone live up Manchester way? Which way is the quickest to PP from there? Thinking through Macc seems the quickest (about 1hr 40) but is there a quicker way that isn't up the M6 (want to keep the mileage down, it's about 40 extra miles each trip to go that way). Any help would be much appreciated 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

COYR

I come from blackpool mate I usually just go M55, M6 & A50 haven't found any quicker way
Totally agree with the "this is a rip off" brigade. Having just stumped up £250 for a half season ticket, with a view to getting a full season one next year and planning my life for the next 4 months around the home games, having to drive from Manchester for them, the club then start moving the bloody games around to midweek, which is a real pain, gonna have to drive straight from work, then sell off the tickets at £10 a pop when I've paid £20.83 for mine, like you say this is ripping off the loyal fans! Actually, does anyone live up Manchester way? Which way is the quickest to PP from there? Thinking through Macc seems the quickest (about 1hr 40) but is there a quicker way that isn't up the M6 (want to keep the mileage down, it's about 40 extra miles each trip to go that way). Any help would be much appreciated 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> COYR

And I come from Liverpool, whay we should start a minibus.

Surely we've opted for this game due to it being on a thursday and on sky? meaning we can still get a big crowd for this game, I have a season ticket but I want to see pride park full regardless of what people pay, especially for a game like this because lets face it, they're going to be much more up for it than us and this helps.

Season tickets are hardly massively expensive either, don't think I can moan what I pay when similar fans of teams in the division are paying 1/2 sometimes 3 hundred pound more for their tickets!

I would like to see season ticket holders boycotting this match.I am disgusted that someone can pick a game and pay less for a ticket than a season ticket holder. If youre going to do offers,do them for cup games,this stinks.It is bad enough its on a thursday night.

Im going to watch at home.

You have an excellent deal as a season ticket holder. Be glad you will be in a full stadium. What would you prefer loads of empty seats?

Well,sorry to you season ticket holders but,I for one can only afford these types of deals. I can finally take my lad to a game that won't skint me for the month. Surley you can see that we're not all minted and can spend hundreds on a season ticket.

Its not that we object to the fans like you and your son that can take advantage to go to a game, where normally you cannot. I think the season ticket holders are feeling a little out in the cold, as yes we do get a discount, however we have to pay up front which helps the club in the closed season, and then seem to be forgotten about until its time to renew.

Times are hard for everyone, I think that the club should look to both fill empty seats, especially as its on TV and a fecking Thursday, also to do something for the season ticket holders, even if its a voucher for a free Bovril!

Archived