Derby vs Leicester Groupon deal

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, I understand the deals being offered but do feel the club should reward season ticket holders as well!!

We are one of the cheapest ST's within the division, what do you want as a reward, a personal visit from TG ?? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Quite a few clubs are doing it, it is for 4 games in a season, and the minimum spend is £20 for what would have been 2 empty seats, maybe it will get spent on a player....although I doubt it.

We are one of the cheapest ST's within the division, what do you want as a reward, a personal visit from TG ?? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Quite a few clubs are doing it, it is for 4 games in a season, and the minimum spend is £20 for what would have been 2 empty seats, maybe it will get spent on a player....although I doubt it.

Yeah I want him to come and sit on dinner table n eat my food!!!!! Silly fool!! Like someone said earlier, a free drink or programme voucher,

But we have paid or money now and we are no longer classed as a cash generator!!

Roll on march when they remember us again

i can see why ST holders are disgruntled (this deal basically weakens the value of their ST) but at least the club tries to make itself more accessible for everyone on different levels of support/money to come and watch the team... you wouldn't get many of the big teams doing stuff like this.

Cos we fork out big lumps at the start of the season to get a discounted rate yet they seem to be doing cheaper rates for the bigger games!!thats my biggest problem,

Leicester 2 for £20

Leeds £20 each so I'm told

West ham were the reduced too??

Question is, if the game was still on a Saturday would they be groupon offers for this game??? No!

Totally agree with the "this is a rip off" brigade. Having just stumped up £250 for a half season ticket, with a view to getting a full season one next year and planning my life for the next 4 months around the home games, having to drive from Manchester for them, the club then start moving the bloody games around to midweek, which is a real pain, gonna have to drive straight from work, then sell off the tickets at £10 a pop when I've paid £20.83 for mine, like you say this is ripping off the loyal fans!

Actually, does anyone live up Manchester way? Which way is the quickest to PP from there? Thinking through Macc seems the quickest (about 1hr 40) but is there a quicker way that isn't up the M6 (want to keep the mileage down, it's about 40 extra miles each trip to go that way). Any help would be much appreciated 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

COYR

We used to live in Stockport and went through Macclesfield, past Alton Towers and through Ashbourne which brings you at at Markeaton roundabout I think it is (Esso Garage and Macdonalds on the A38) I think its the A523 through Macc and then the A52. Just over 50 miles each way from Stockport

Google maps says: 54 miles and 1hr 19 : although it normally took us a bit longer due to lorries. (P.S watch out for badgers on your way back from night games.)

Driving directions to Derby County Football Club

Stockport Town Hall

Edward St

Stockport SK1 3DQ, UK

1. Head southwest on Edward St toward Lacy St

0.1 mi

2. Take the 2nd left onto Wellington Rd S/A6

Continue to follow A6

2.8 mi

3. A6 turns slightly right and becomes London Rd/A523

Continue to follow A523

Go through 4 roundabouts

21.2 mi

4. Turn left onto Mill St/A523

Continue to follow A523

0.7 mi

5. Turn right onto Ball Haye St/A53

486 ft

6. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Ashbourne Rd/A523

0.7 mi

7. Turn right to stay on Ashbourne Rd/A523

Continue to follow A523

9.3 mi

8. Continue onto A52

Go through 4 roundabouts

16.9 mi

9. Turn left onto Bridge St/A52

Continue to follow Bridge St

0.2 mi

10. Turn right onto Brook St

0.1 mi

11. Turn left onto St. Alkmund's Way/A601

Continue to follow A601

0.9 mi

12. Continue onto Station Approach/A6

Continue to follow A6

0.6 mi

13. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Riverside Rd

0.4 mi

14. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Derwent Parade

0.1 mi

15. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Millennium Way

Destination will be on the right

Question is, if the game was still on a Saturday would they be groupon offers for this game??? No!

And, for me, the response to that is "exactly!". They do it for when gates will be low for one reason or another. Your season ticket is still the best deal you could've got, what's the problem?

I understand where both sides are coming from, season tickets while they are cheaper than most in the division are still expensive. Also the fact you buy a season ticket shows you have loyalty to the team because you are investing without really any knowledge of what will happen next year. I'm a season ticket holder myself and I understand those who think people who can't be bothered to come unless there are offers which to some extent is true.

However there is the issue of price, now most people are having to tighten their belts, so I recognise some avid fans just can't afford to go to matches which is a shame. I don't think offers really solve this, surely making tickets affordable to most is the answer even if it means we don't always make as much. It's the morally right thing to do, so while I support some of the offers being given out I would rather cheaper tickets were available for those who love the club but can't currently afford to reguarly attend.

Totally agree with the "this is a rip off" brigade. Having just stumped up £250 for a half season ticket, with a view to getting a full season one next year and planning my life for the next 4 months around the home games, having to drive from Manchester for them, the club then start moving the bloody games around to midweek, which is a real pain, gonna have to drive straight from work, then sell off the tickets at £10 a pop when I've paid £20.83 for mine, like you say this is ripping off the loyal fans!

Actually, does anyone live up Manchester way? Which way is the quickest to PP from there? Thinking through Macc seems the quickest (about 1hr 40) but is there a quicker way that isn't up the M6 (want to keep the mileage down, it's about 40 extra miles each trip to go that way). Any help would be much appreciated 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

COYR

The point is, it's a one off, I'd imagine due to circumstances.

If a non season ticket holder bought a ticket for every home game they'd be well out of pocket. The club have to try and attract supporters to the ground, especially as attendances are down.

I'm a season ticket holder myself and I think it's a good idea. It's a **** time at the moment, most people are skint and it gives some folks who can't afford a season ticket an opportunity to see their team for one game, before the prices revert to normal and everyone is glad they got a season ticket again.

Thanks guys, appreciated. The Macc way sounds like the way to go, sounds like you're talking about the same way Ladyram, I end up at the Markeaton Roundabout.

Why stop at minibus? Let's go the whole hog and get a helicopter! That would save us all time, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Seriously though, I'd be up for some kind of lift share, as I have no Derby fan friends that go regularly (some of us Rams fans are lone wolves, or maybe lone sheep), although Manchester sounds like a major detour for the other Northwesterners on here! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

On the topic of groupon-gate, I understand times are hard, but it looks like the club are doing a "offer for new customers only" deal, which is always going to alienate the long time attenders, who are naturally going to feel hard done by. It's like those compare holiday price ads with Jedward, you can be sitting next to someone who paid a fraction for the same view.

My brother and I did the Groupon against Southampton and i have to say they were some of the worst seast i have ever sat in at PP , right in the bottom of the South West corner one row off the front. Awful just awful,

as they say , pay your money take ya chance...

On a slightly different note, without starting a new thread, where do you sit in the ground, side, end, top/lower tier? I sit in the end, I've never enjoyed sitting in the side as you don't get the best view of either goal, wheras in the end you get a not great view of one end, and a great view of the other (to state the bleedingly obvious). If you sit in one of the sides, is it better than the end and why?

ST's are expensive but still way cheaper than adding all of the offers up together over a season, coupled with getting crap seats with the offers and the uncertainty of getting a ticket at all. ST's are still a good thing and no-one is getting short changed. If its a principle thing then people should be happy as they know they have a ticket for the game and know where they are going to be sitting- no-one else does.

If we were in the Premier League then I'd agree but when does this happen, 3 games a year maybe? My mate doesn't have a season ticket but always sits where he wants to, theres thousands of empty seats for 20 home games a year, all stands too.

Apart from Forest (maybe), Leicester (maybe) and the boxing day fixture you can pretty much sit where you want so I wouldn't say thats an advantage. To be honest if you buy your ticket for a game as soon as they are available you won't have a problem sitting where you want to.

ST's are expensive but still way cheaper than adding all of the offers up together over a season, coupled with getting crap seats with the offers and the uncertainty of getting a ticket at all. ST's are still a good thing and no-one is getting short changed. If its a principle thing then people should be happy as they know they have a ticket for the game and know where they are going to be sitting- no-one else does.

If we were in the Premier League then I'd agree but when does this happen, 3 games a year maybe? My mate doesn't have a season ticket but always sits where he wants to, theres thousands of empty seats for 20 home games a year, all stands too.

Apart from Forest (maybe), Leicester (maybe) and the boxing day fixture you can pretty much sit where you want so I wouldn't say thats an advantage. To be honest if you buy your ticket for a game as soon as they are available you won't have a problem sitting where you want to.

Massive mis-read. Apolpogies for the paragraph, no relevance at all really.

And, for me, the response to that is "exactly!". They do it for when gates will be low for one reason or another. Your season ticket is still the best deal you could've got, what's the problem?

The problem is that I could be sitting to somebody who has paid less than I have.As a season ticket holder I should recieve the best deal as I have forked out a lot of money before the season started.Quite simple really.

Archived