Derby vs Leicester Groupon deal

Hucknall Ram

I only get to 2 or 3 games a season and see this as a good opportunity to take my wife and two children to PP for just £40 instead of £100 ish . Just a shame its on a thursday night...Said that 750 deals sold with 2 hours to go, thats 1500 ish seats, so seems the offer hasnt been taken advantage of, that much!! ( just my opinion )

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's only a limited number of tickets available on groupon. Think 1500. I'm a season ticket holder and can see what the others are moaning at but gse aren't interested in us now. They are interested in getting as many people through the gates as poss. With the game being on sky attendances will be down, then it's on a thursday night another reason for sales to be Down. Yes it was derby who accepted to move the date but as if Glick gonna turn down tv money.

All in all it benefits the club majorly,

It's £15,000 extra revenue

They'll b 1500 more fans at the game better atmosphere

People who can't afford a normal east mid derby game can go cheaply

Massive mis-read. Apolpogies for the paragraph, no relevance at all really.

No probs dude- People who want convenience pay for a season ticket, people who can't afford one have to take what they can- if these offers weren't available then many people would never get to go to a game. Smacks of elitism having ST holders moaning about it- for the amount of games that people who don't have a massive amount of disposable income can get to through these offers it really isn't worth having your nose put out of joint. It is a Thursday night game that is on TV- the crowd would be *****, that is why the club has opted to run the offer- it is not the club that has opted to move the game so they have to try and get the gate up somehow.

Hmmmm... a different take on this debate would be someone like me. If I had a normal weekday job and live in Derby, I, along with my daughter would have a season ticket - which I think is very good value for money compared with buying a ticket individually for each match.

As it is I have been to quite a few games this season (8) mainly 'cos I haven't deployed anywhere - but it is very expensive - over 200 miles round trip and all the expense that goes with a day out, things like this even it out a bit and make it do-able.

I would also like to say that watching your local team is a pastime that should be within the reach of any working man... it isn't! And that is why freebies of any sort are welcome and a nice gesture (IMO) from the Club.

2nd half of all home matches are free..the gates are open at half time... 50% of the whole season if you really want it... buy the whole season ticket if you want it or can afford it or...errrr...you believe all that sh*te they say in the summer...

i'd go 50% personally...you'll never see a goal mind... but you'll see whatever else is in stall

The problem is that I could be sitting to somebody who has paid less than I have.As a season ticket holder I should recieve the best deal as I have forked out a lot of money before the season started.Quite simple really.

but over a course of a season you receive the best deal.

I just think it has to be fair for all, Season ticket holders should get more offer's like this too I'm more than happy to see a full pride park like boxing day & NYE I paid an extra £40 for a ticket for my little brother for both games now he wants to come to as many games as possible & is getting his season ticket with me next year because he enjoyed it that much so thats the upside of these deals.

At the same time I understand people can't afford a season ticket and this gives them the chance to catch a few games, my first post on this issue what a little rash & I was more bothered about me not being able to attend because of the fixture change then finding out that tickets were being sold for a fraction of the price I paid just compounded it.

I see it from both sides of the track as up until 3 seasons ago I wasn't able to afford a season ticket so did take advantage of any offers or deals maybe the club should have give an extra 10% discount in the club shop on matchday or some kind of other small gesture? chances are the majority of season ticket holders wouldn't take them up on it on matchday any but its nice to feel valued

The problem is that I could be sitting to somebody who has paid less than I have.As a season ticket holder I should recieve the best deal as I have forked out a lot of money before the season started.Quite simple really.

Overall, you get the best deal.

If someone went to every home game and bought invidual tickets, you'd be better off.

Quite simple really.

2nd half of all home matches are free..the gates are open at half time... 50% of the whole season if you really want it... buy the whole season ticket if you want it or can afford it or...errrr...you believe all that sh*te they say in the summer...

i'd go 50% personally...you'll never see a goal mind... but you'll see whatever else is in stall

Is that right? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

I see exactly what your saying, it just seems incredibly petty.

Was in another thread, generally complimentary about the admins &amp; mods here.

Tongue in cheek comments about other members can be taken the wrong way, if there is no indication of sarcasm in the post, please don't be offended if a post gets edited.

As you were, move along, nothing to see here.

Groupon take 50% of the deal.

Wow, Im amazed at this, I used them albeit several months ago, and got a sliding scale commission based upon uptake and no of times used etc...that came nowhere near 50%, if Derby only get £4 per ticket then I take it back and cant see the point of doing this.

Overall, you get the best deal. If someone went to every home game and bought invidual tickets, you'd be better off. Quite simple really.
Is it that simple? There has been some sort of offer at a lot of games this year. To the extent that a mate of mine who had a season ticket last year says he will never buy one again while this level of offers continues. I'm not at all against the offers - just wish the club gave season ticket holders a bit extra now and again - e.g. Sheffield United used to give out club shop vouchers on season ticket holders birthdays!

Is it that simple? There has been some sort of offer at a lot of games this year. To the extent that a mate of mine who had a season ticket last year says he will never buy one again while this level of offers continues. I'm not at all against the offers - just wish the club gave season ticket holders a bit extra now and again - e.g. Sheffield United used to give out club shop vouchers on season ticket holders birthdays!

I go to every home game, so I get value out of my season ticket. If you don't then offers are the way forward but on a 23 match basis, there's only one winner, by quite a distance.

The reward and loyalty thing is a valid point - I personally think for the first two rounds, season ticket holders should get the FA Cup tickets as part of their ST like they used to, but it's never gonna happen.

Archived