Second Teams

BorneoRam

We all know who Ianm's is but do you lot have second teams - if so who are they, why and what level does it go to - be interesting to see if people follow a bigger or smaller club as well.

For me it is Norwich - went to Carrow Road before the BBG, it was my first live game as my Grandad was a big fan and tried to convert me although my Dad was having none of it - saw Fleck, Bryan Gunn, Steve Bruce, Mike Phelan and Chris Sutton all come through but haven't been since he passed away - still follow the results though, Lambert is doing an amazing job.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers - from an early age.

One of my earliest memories of football is seeing a Rangers vs Celtic game and seeing all the Union and Irish flags. Not being Irish, I wanted Rangers to win. Always followed them since then.

Also started going to watch Burton over the last 2/3 years.

Aye,

Ell

Kay..

Eee

Ess

Tee

Oww

Enn

Ilson boys are we, with a nick knack paddy whack give a dog a bone, 10 more pints we'll fook off home 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Haven't seen them much in past 4 years though, last season I saw was when some lad named after a brand of potato chips was running the show! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I wouldn't say I have a second team, but I look out for Newcastle, Torquay, Wycombe and Watford's results for varying reasons. Also I have a soft spot for Spurs, my first game was them against Leeds on a Tuesday night at White Hart Lane; Darren Anderton and David Ginola scored two crackers from about 25 yards... i can remember being about 7 and popping to the toilet there and screaming when I heard Derby had beat Huddersfield in an Fa Cup replay over the tanoy.. !!

and Derby based on the amount of time you're on here.

Yes, I do have a soft spot for ya. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> I`m a Derbyshire lad after all. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleep' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='-_-' />

I nip up to see Gresley now and again so It`d have to be them.

2nd teams are Newcastle and Burton Albion.

I went university in Newcastle and St James Park is the best atmosphere I have been to in a football match. I wore my Derby top to Newcastle vs Forest too and all the fans were brilliant with me. Especially when I got my top out and was annoying the Forest fans.

Burton because I am from there basically - However I went school in Swadlincote so everyone was Derby.

Derby were to face these 2 I would 100% want Derby to win, I just like to see these do well. I also own a Burton and Newcastle shirt.

Luton

Grew up there, followed them in the eighties when they were in the top flight and had wonderful players. It is awful what the FA has done to this club now watching Conference football.

Currently a season ticket holder taking my kids to their local side trying to prevent them support Man U or Arsenal. I was going to impose Derby upon them but was worried they would report me to Childline.

Luton

Grew up there, followed them in the eighties when they were in the top flight and had wonderful players. It is awful what the FA has done to this club now watching Conference football.

Currently a season ticket holder taking my kids to their local side trying to prevent them support Man U or Arsenal. I was going to impose Derby upon them but was worried they would report me to Childline.

Ay up Bingy, hows that striker from Ilson that we had on trial doing?

Archived