DCFC as Champions, 100/1 on Betfair?

drgoodspeak

Just looking at some "deals" on betfair.com....

We're 10 points behind Southampton. Now, I'm in no way saying we're capable of it, I'm just surprised that those odds are available, especially with 3 on the bounce.

Your thoughts? I'm sorely tempted to have £100 on it as an outside bet.

P.S. Thanks for Hull Theo, £105 won.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bookies aren't stupid.. They won't look at the league table and change any odds dramatically based on a 3 game spin..

The take everything into consideration.. Results against certain teams, styles, players available, injuries, goals for, goals against, past experiences etc..

Derby are 100/1 (150/1 on bet365) because they've only absoloute minimul chance of winning the league.. They won't get even close and you'd be throwing your money away doing it..

My advice would be don't get carried away with winning 3 on the trot (regardless of opposition as everyone is average in this league).. I mean we've won 4 on the trot once this season and also lost 5 on the bounce.. Chances are it can happen again.

The safest bets I can see is for WHU to win outright EW (placed 1,2,3) at 5/4.. Their away record is just too good for them not to finish up there.

I'm not seeing it as particularily viable, perhaps worth an outside bet as I said.

Bookies do alter odds all the time, sometimes based on even one result (admittedly usually later in the season). I was just surprised as those odds seemed quite high, based on recent form and our position.

The bookies aren't stupid.. They won't look at the league table and change any odds dramatically based on a 3 game spin..

The take everything into consideration.. Results against certain teams, styles, players available, injuries, goals for, goals against, past experiences etc..

Derby are 100/1 (150/1 on bet365) because they've only absoloute minimul chance of winning the league.. They won't get even close and you'd be throwing your money away doing it..

My advice would be don't get carried away with winning 3 on the trot (regardless of opposition as everyone is average in this league).. I mean we've won 4 on the trot once this season and also lost 5 on the bounce.. Chances are it can happen again.

The safest bets I can see is for WHU to win outright EW (placed 1,2,3) at 5/4.. Their away record is just too good for them not to finish up there.

They were stupid enough to give me 10/3 to win at Hull

They were stupid enough to give me 10/3 to win at Hull

Derby were

vs Leeds 9/5

vs WHU 11/4

vs Hull 10/3

But seriously you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves.. We're given longshots because our team generally isn't very good.. We lack geniune quality, creativity in midfield and a decent goalscorer..

Obviously they alter odds as the season goes on but with 21 games remaining or 63 points theres a long way to go and the pres-season favourites (WHU, Leicester, Blackpool, Brum etc.) still have enough time to win the league

It's not even worth an outside bet, as it's not going to happen. Never. Whilst any team can win on their day (take Blackburn at Man Utd for example) over a season quality will always come through (or the lack of it in some cases)

Theres more chance of Liverpool winning the PL than Derby the NPC.. And what chance do Liverpool have of winning the PL, zero chance. Save your money folks or bet on WHU EW

I'm not seeing it as particularily viable, perhaps worth an outside bet as I said.

Bookies do alter odds all the time, sometimes based on even one result (admittedly usually later in the season). I was just surprised as those odds seemed quite high, based on recent form and our position.

They'll only alter as such with around 10-12 games left where position changes and form become vital..

They didn't change when Watford were 8 unbeaten, nor did they change when Barnsley won 4 on the bounce.. (And we were given roughly the same odds as Barnsley pre-season)

If you really want to pick an outsider, wait until March, wait until there are 12 games or so left and look at the form guides, head to heads with individual clubs, injury lists, and remaining fixtures as a guide to where you can pick up some money.. On Bet365 there isn't an option for finishing in the top 6 (well not yet) but you can get odds of a top 3 spot..

Theres always one or two who will push on in the last quarter of the season and claim a top 6 spot from nowhere and that's where the money will come in.. Even thinking of betting on any team just because they've won 3 over the Xmas period and lie in midtable is ludicrous

Derby were

vs Leeds 9/5

vs WHU 11/4

vs Hull 10/3

But seriously you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves.. We're given longshots because our team generally isn't very good.. We lack geniune quality, creativity in midfield and a decent goalscorer..

Obviously they alter odds as the season goes on but with 21 games remaining or 63 points theres a long way to go and the pres-season favourites (WHU, Leicester, Blackpool, Brum etc.) still have enough time to win the league

It's not even worth an outside bet, as it's not going to happen. Never. Whilst any team can win on their day (take Blackburn at Man Utd for example) over a season quality will always come through (or the lack of it in some cases)

Theres more chance of Liverpool winning the PL than Derby the NPC.. And what chance do Liverpool have of winning the PL, zero chance. Save your money folks or bet on WHU EW

I think it's a fairly tongue in cheek thread, mate. No one actually thinks we're going to do it.

Just out of interest, we've beaten Hull, Leeds, West Ham, Birmingham, Blackpool - what makes you say we're not very good?

stupid thread.

for us to wn the league, we basically have to go unbeaten for the rest of the season or perhaps lose no more than 2 for the rest of the season.

we may be only 10 points behind.

its not the points difference, its the amount of teams between us and them.

i still say we wont finish higher than 8th!

I think it's a fairly tongue in cheek thread, mate. No one actually thinks we're going to do it.

Just out of interest, we've beaten Hull, Leeds, West Ham, Birmingham, Blackpool - what makes you say we're not very good?

Because we've also lost to Coventry, Brighton, Peterborough, Burnley and Ipswich..

I guess it was fairly tongue in cheek, I've just seen teams far better than our current one fail to win the division.. Thinking back to Jim Smiths promotion side (unbeaten run of about 20), George Burleys playoff side (Recorded 6 straight away victories on the trot plus we scored tonnes more) and Billy Ds side (Going 100% in 2 months plus record away victories)..

For any team to win the league it requires around 85+ points.. Usually 90. Basically we'd require 50 more points from 21 games.. Or a record of 16 wins 2 draws and 3 defeats or similar.. With this squad that is just not going to happen, no way in hell.. In fact you can rule out anyone of Blackpool (7th) and down as not winning the league..

Actually if anyone of the top 6 now doesn't win the league it would be a miracle..

I said last season after boro beat Cardiff 2nd last game of the season that boro will be the team to finish above this season, I thought if u finish above boro u will get automatic promotion!! I now feel that if u finish above boro u will win the league!!!

Boro in my opinion will win the league

Because we've also lost to Coventry, Brighton, Peterborough, Burnley and Ipswich..

I guess it was fairly tongue in cheek, I've just seen teams far better than our current one fail to win the division.. Thinking back to Jim Smiths promotion side (unbeaten run of about 20), George Burleys playoff side (Recorded 6 straight away victories on the trot plus we scored tonnes more) and Billy Ds side (Going 100% in 2 months plus record away victories)..

For any team to win the league it requires around 85+ points.. Usually 90. Basically we'd require 50 more points from 21 games.. Or a record of 16 wins 2 draws and 3 defeats or similar.. With this squad that is just not going to happen, no way in hell.. In fact you can rule out anyone of Blackpool (7th) and down as not winning the league..

Actually if anyone of the top 6 now doesn't win the league it would be a miracle..

Well, yes. Has it ever happened before, at this stage, in this league?

We're 9th best in the league. West Ham lost to Bristol City but I'm sure they're fans don't think they're a bad team. We're ok.

Well, yes. Has it ever happened before, at this stage, in this league?

We're 9th best in the league. West Ham lost to Bristol City but I'm sure they're fans don't think they're a bad team. We're ok.

Are you kiddin'? Spammers moan at every chance, they're calling for Fat as fook Sam's head because when they lost to us, they were not in the top 2 (not even joking) and they think the whole team bar that Tomkins is ****.

As fans, I can't stand West Ham, I remember last time where they thought they had a god given right to be in the premiership and was calling for the managers head every game despite being in the play offs.. god, I ******* hate them! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Archived