December...and beyond

BOB BIGGS

Well, that December we just had was nice! Obviously, the folks who couldn't wait to get on here every week, in previous months, to tell us how many games we were losing in succession won't be too happy - but just for fun, let me remind them that we played 5, won 3, drew 1 and lost 1.. Clough OUT... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

We battle now. We have the defence that NC wanted all season and that's makes a big difference. His Dad would have told you that. We're not too well off in midfield though and Green's impending departure won't help that at all. Ball has given the forward line a real boost. I look forward to seeing him for myself next week and hope that he can continue his progress. He's just a young lad though so let's go steady on him!

2012 will give us a better chance to assess progress. I think we're on the right road. I know that it isn't quick enough for many of you. Those who yearn for the flowing football of Smith and Cox have a fairly long wait. I still see the ghosts of Hector, Nish, George, McFarland etc so I know what you mean. My main irritation is that so many wish to ignore the fact that money is the main stumbling block these days. I think Clough has done pretty well, even though he has thrown in a few odd decisions. As I've said before, I think he's got a really tough job, which would drive most of us crazy at times.

The team now looks like a mid table [not bottom 6] bunch to me but if we could finish in the top 10, I would take that as a significant step forward. Whether we can will depend on injuries and the quality of loans. In the meantime, I take comfort from the present performances of the back 5, Ward and a few others, coupled with the potential of the likes of Ball, Hendrick, Bailey and Bennett,

It's not so bad. We'll lose games but lets regard the glass as half full occasionally. Things have been much worse than this.

Happy New Year to all true Rams fans [ that does include you, doesn't it. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> .]

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm certainly disappointed, I was one game away from a full house prediction.. I was so close to proving you all wrong and shouting from the rooftops just how right I am and how sh*te Derby are..

I guess I'll just have to wait for the next losing run.

It's been a pleasant December for us lot, nicely done. Happy new year Rams fans

I'm certainly disappointed, I was one game away from a full house prediction.. I was so close to proving you all wrong and shouting from the rooftops just how right I am and how sh*te Derby are..

I guess I'll just have to wait for the next losing run.

It's been a pleasant December for us lot, nicely done. Happy new year Rams fans

Don't think too many expected it Bris. Made a mess of my elevated Texaco Predictor standing too.....

I dislike these threads it has to be said, I hope that in 2012 members can learn to accept others opinions even if they differ slightly.

I'm pretty sure that nobody other than Red Dawn and Derbyshire Fox 'won't be happy' with our recent results on here tonight and long may they continue without these kind of petty threads.

So we end the year as the highest East Midlands club, but east midlands today still wont give us any decent coverage will they?

EMT will have the thoughts of 'well if Derby are ahead of their EM rivals, this isn't down to Derby actually being any good but ore down to the 'crisis' of the other two clubs'

Then they'll give them full coverage of where things have gone wrong.

No-win situation for Derby, not the first time I've ever written that either

To the OP, I don't think anyone on here wants derby county to lose games, however I am delighted with the victories and they certainly were a shock. In a way it's typical derby, we do well against the big teams then when it comes to beating the smaller teams we bottle it. I am not getting carried away as it is only two games, but two great victories nonetheless. The atmosphere seems to be significantly better as well.

To the OP, I don't think anyone on here wants derby county to lose games, however I am delighted with the victories and they certainly were a shock. In a way it's typical derby, we do well against the big teams then when it comes to beating the smaller teams we bottle it. I am not getting carried away as it is only two games, but two great victories nonetheless. The atmosphere seems to be significantly better as well.

The results weren’t that much of a shock to some posters – quite a few were predicting we’d start doing a lot better once the first choice players returned from injury.

As for bottling it against smaller teams - before Christmas I thought the statto experts had us only managing to beat lower half teams and losing against the top half teams. Or has that all changed now?

The results weren’t that much of a shock to some posters – quite a few were predicting we’d start doing a lot better once the first choice players returned from injury.

As for bottling it against smaller teams - before Christmas I thought the statto experts had us only managing to beat lower half teams and losing against the top half teams. Or has that all changed now?

well traditionally when watching the rams we have always done well against the top teams especially at home, and then done awful against mid-table sides, under the clough regime that has been slightly different with us not managing a win against a team in the top half last season. In fairness it was a shock to most posters.

well traditionally when watching the rams we have always done well against the top teams especially at home, and then done awful against mid-table sides, under the clough regime that has been slightly different with us not managing a win against a team in the top half last season. In fairness it was a shock to most posters.

Is that traditional statistics or arithmetical statistics? And who mentioned last season? It was this season that the statto wackos were referring to.

I thought it was obvious that having Barker, Brayford and Theo (and Tyson) (or any experienced striker!) back would make a big difference after the terrible November.

I wasn’t “shocked” that we beat Leeds or West Ham. I, perhaps optimistically, predicted we’d win those games and, in fairness, so did many others. Of course, I was a bit surprised we did win them both and thought we were a bit lucky to meet West Ham when we did. However, Leeds were always dead meat.

Anyway, the last two home wins should help NC keep his job – at least for this week…hopefully…maybe.

Erm what about

Swansea

Leeds (twice)

Middlesbro

Ok not great but still.

Archived