I want an atmosphere

Dangerous

Atmosphere was Excellent against Leeds, whether they were loud or not does not bother me. The fact we were FINALLY shows me that there is perhaps a future in the SE Corner.

Put it this way, act like that week in week out at PPS and not only will teams actually fear coming to PPS but it will spur the players on and hopefully add some much needed points to the final league table.

Like I have said many times before, if you want to an atmosphere you yourself have to join in and be part of it rather than be a bystander wanting to be in the atmosphere.

Thoroughly enjoyed it all game, we backed them non stop and that is the way it should be.

Nick

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atmosphere was Excellent against Leeds, whether they were loud or not does not bother me. The fact we were FINALLY shows me that there is perhaps a future in the SE Corner.

Put it this way, act like that week in week out at PPS and not only will teams actually fear coming to PPS but it will spur the players on and hopefully add some much needed points to the final league table.

Like I have said many times before, if you want to an atmosphere you yourself have to join in and be part of it rather than be a bystander wanting to be in the atmosphere.

Thoroughly enjoyed it all game, we backed them non stop and that is the way it should be.

Nick

Top post mate. Top job with everything you do as a Derby fan. Absolute respect to you.

Made me laugh though when I saw the flag coming up towards me upside down on boxing day! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Hey guys against West ham maybe we could try get singing like other poster 5mins before, maybe as the club place in the programs i would like all of the east stand and north stand to work togather. and hopeful it might get Toyate stand to join, i know we create old racket we just need all the derby fans pulling same direaction for a change.

Nick

Were you the guy with the big flag who they wouldn't let in at Blackpool, the authorities were OTT at that game to say the least.

Fair play to anybody whose main aim is to get behind the team. On my rare visits a lot seem to go with main agenda to have a pop at the ref or the players. A bit of that on Boxing Day but maybe it was the £20 ticket prices that got the right type of person in, with regard to creating some noise. It was rammed in the SE Corner because it was Leeds a lot maybe went there from other parts of the North or East stand, which helped the volume levels. West Ham £20 again so it should be good as they will bring plenty.

. Its not just the South East corner that make the noise there was loads of chanting and getting behind the Team all over the ground its a good job we don't all sit in the south east corner. Its really patronising for fans to think one section has a momnopoly on supporting the Team. We all go to away games when we can also to back the Team. Against Leeds the Team played for all Rams Fans. Happy Days. Rams4life

I never said it was just the South East corner that made all the noise, is that what happens on boards like this you make an innocent comment and it gets jumped all over.

I was in the South West and they sung in there but they were louder than the away fans in the S/E corner most of the match and it looked packed in there. Good advert for standing again perhaps because those lads in there certainly made themselves heard Boxing Day.

We were singing, chanting, shouting "cheat" to the dirdies whenever they came near the NE corner, hassling the linesmen and the rubbish guy in the black shirt and joined in with chants coming up our way from the SE corner.

Generally we were making some sort of noise all match but there were some people sat next to me who aren't normally there and they just sat and gaped at all this racket from around them. They didn't make a sound until we scored, then after they sat quiet again. Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong - it's up to them at the end of the day, but I was surprised that they looked a bit overwhelmed. I wonder what they expected at a match against Leeds?

Dav lost his voice again too, in mid shout. So funny, he went from deep and loud to quiet and squeeky 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Ps, I noticed that Leeds went silent after we scored, never heard them after that.

Just once I'd like to sit in the away end ( I know I won't though) and witness us scoring from the other stand, just to see what it's like. It must be awesome when all the 3 stands jump up and scream and chant "who are ya" all at the same time. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

UTR.

Ps, I noticed that Leeds went silent after we scored, never heard them after that.

Just once I'd like to sit in the away end ( I know I won't though) and witness us scoring from the other stand, just to see what it's like. It must be awesome when all the 3 stands jump up and scream and chant "who are ya" all at the same time. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

UTR.

"Who are ya" I think that they would probably think can't you do a bit better than that. I think the old version of that, we used to welcome teams to at the Baseball Ground could do with a return. Very intimidating and effective.

"Who are ya" I think that they would probably think can't you do a bit better than that. I think the old version of that, we used to welcome teams to at the Baseball Ground could do with a return. Very intimidating and effective.

I never got the chance to go to the BBG Buxton, so I can't comment on that and I don't know what it sounded like but why isn't it done at PP then? If it is effective maybe it needs reintroducing?

To be fair, it is always the SE singing more than anywhere else. The rest of the ground doesn't make a sound at most matches. That's not patronising, it's the truth.

Definately.

South West was decent the other day though, as was the North East corner occasionally.

Leeds have been disappointing at PPS on a few occasions. When they were relegated they were brilliant, but in the meetings since then, yes they've been better than 95% of teams to come here, but never as good as when ironically they had less tickets. I thought Boxing Day they were excellent for the first 15 minutes, but tailed off after that, only piping up with the occasional loud burst, and were silent after we scored.

How many pints had therams69 had though when surfing the flag? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I never got the chance to go to the BBG Buxton, so I can't comment on that and I don't know what it sounded like but why isn't it done at PP then? If it is effective maybe it needs reintroducing?

I don't think the powers that be would welcome it, I think that is why you get the watered down version now to be honest. Also in those days the teams came out separately and that's when it had it's effect.

I'd like us to start the singing with a nice load slow ..... OH WHEN THE RAMS.... Arms up proud in the air vocal and visual, followed by a chant of who the flookin hell are u to the away fans and as soon as they sing back we drown them out with sit down ya twits sit down ya twits

Definately.

South West was decent the other day though, as was the North East corner occasionally.

Leeds have been disappointing at PPS on a few occasions. When they were relegated they were brilliant, but in the meetings since then, yes they've been better than 95% of teams to come here, but never as good as when ironically they had less tickets. I thought Boxing Day they were excellent for the first 15 minutes, but tailed off after that, only piping up with the occasional loud burst, and were silent after we scored.

How many pints had therams69 had though when surfing the flag? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

When they have less tickets it tends to be the real hardcore that get's hold of them. They say at Man Utd that when they get a large allocation the quality goes down in terms of support.

I agree they were not what I expected Boxing Day but Boxing Day is not perhaps the best day in terms of away support. In the early days of Pride Park I would say after Man Utd they were as good as anyone in terms of volume and variety of songs etc.

Top post mate. Top job with everything you do as a Derby fan. Absolute respect to you.

Made me laugh though when I saw the flag coming up towards me upside down on boxing day! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

HA HA!! Cheers pal, very kind words! Thank you.

Yes flag was upside boxing day, in all the games and all the years I HAVE NEVER done that! Still cannot explain it tbh, I got the corners sorted but literally just did not check which way up it was! Cant even blame the beer as was at work in the morning!

Good luck charm though? Hmmm......... I have BIGGER flags to surf now, that is all!!

Nick

Were you the guy with the big flag who they wouldn't let in at Blackpool, the authorities were OTT at that game to say the least.

Fair play to anybody whose main aim is to get behind the team. On my rare visits a lot seem to go with main agenda to have a pop at the ref or the players. A bit of that on Boxing Day but maybe it was the £20 ticket prices that got the right type of person in, with regard to creating some noise. It was rammed in the SE Corner because it was Leeds a lot maybe went there from other parts of the North or East stand, which helped the volume levels. West Ham £20 again so it should be good as they will bring plenty.

Yes mate that is me and that argument about Blackpool is still ongoing. Myself and another Derby fan had a sit down with the football ombudsman chap who came up from Surrey to speak to us, they are now dealing with the complaint and are speaking to Blackpool. Will keep you dated on that for sure!

To be fair, it is always the SE singing more than anywhere else. The rest of the ground doesn't make a sound at most matches. That's not patronising, it's the truth.

Hmmm, not so sure about last season Worksop??!!! We were perhaps not the noisiest in the North Stand but we made ourselves sure as hell known!! LOL!!

We were singing, chanting, shouting "cheat" to the dirdies whenever they came near the NE corner, hassling the linesmen and the rubbish guy in the black shirt and joined in with chants coming up our way from the SE corner.

Generally we were making some sort of noise all match but there were some people sat next to me who aren't normally there and they just sat and gaped at all this racket from around them. They didn't make a sound until we scored, then after they sat quiet again. Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong - it's up to them at the end of the day, but I was surprised that they looked a bit overwhelmed. I wonder what they expected at a match against Leeds?

Dav lost his voice again too, in mid shout. So funny, he went from deep and loud to quiet and squeeky 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I know from last season the North Stand would have been rocking and to be fair all areas of the ground added to the atmosphere!!

Archived