Green not staying next season

Boycie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question I wanted to ask was, after nearly a whole team of players will be leaving at the end of the season, and it not really effecting our "best" 11, will the board invest in proven players? Seeing as there will be loads of scope for wages.

I think it will be a shame to see him leave, I have always liked him. However before the injury there were talks of a million plus for him leaving (sunderland and wolves).

I hope he has a good month for us and a club like Wigan or Celtic put an offer in and I wish him luck if he goes as he has been a good servant for us. At least he is being honest and not stringing things on looking for a big contract. He would be facing a pay cut to stop here as we would not offer the contract for him to remain on the same wages he is on at present.

I do however think in the near future (maybe not this season) we have players who will build to the same level as him .

I reckon 2018/19 will be the one where we go for it and finally reach the play-offs

In League 1?

I like the fact that we're getting id of the high earners.. For me I'd like to see the back of Green, Leacock, Pearson, Bywater, S.Davies, Lee Croft, David Martin etc.. I think Cywka will be out soon too..

It would free up alot of wages on supposed 'deadwood'

Even with abit more money and larger wages I still wouldn't be optimistic regarding who Clough will sign.. He doesn't seem the type to get a bargain with flair or use up the majority to get in that top striker.. He'll probably bring in a few more Bryson type players who'll end up being your run of the mill NPC player..

I only see us being midtable NPC fodder at best under Clough, even if he's given a good sum to spend.. (ie. $5mill)

There should be a large turnover of players this summer, hopefully we'll get rid of the likes of Anderson, Deeney and Buxton as well as the above, although I'd like us to keep Green, the reality is he'll want to earn more than we can pay him now he's an international. Which leads you to question our ambition. What happens if one of our players really does come good and has a great season, for instance if Hendrick carries on like he is, will he want to hang around here on low money or will he want to go to a club with ambition? I guess there's no point worrying about that till it happens though.

We need a good leader in the middle, it would be nice if they took a gamble on a really good player, but it probably won't happen, Nigel wouldn't be able to deal with a big ego player anyway.

I knew Cywka would be gone after the fall out last year. shame really, I think he'll do well elsewhere.

who's that arsed if green leaves really? good player...but hardly breath taking quality.. a little bit of imagination and good scouting and we could find alot better...almost definatly cheaper... just got to fork out for those easy jet flights outside of britains lower leagues. i think we are stuck with clough for better or worse......but he should spend on some scouts.... who brought in stmac, baiano, laurson,?

Its a bit disappointing, but I don't think there will be too many bemoaning his move. I just can't see where he would go, and get games every week lets face it, it would be arguable to see if he would get in our strongest team, I'd personally pick Bryson and Bailey with Hendrick on the bench.

I think he gets a hard time from our fans, because with Green he is all effort rather than out and out quality and with him wanting a 'big move' makes me think he is a little out his own head.

I can see only championship sides picking him like Leeds, Forest, Hull, Brighton...etc

I was told in the summer he would be off, the club didn't plan to use him but I think injuries have meant they have had to. He is one of the higher earners so another cut to the wage bill.

Losing his squad number was a bit of a clue, don't know how much of this is down to him being fit earlier than expected.

Can we get back to the thread please.. Am I correct that Green can start to look for another club in January as his contract is up in the summer. So if anyone wanted him to join in January he would command a small fee like Commons did.

From past experience the fee would probably be equal to remaining months of his wages, again similar to Commons.

Personally I think he could be worth hanging onto. Just look at the quality of his cross against Crystal Palace that resulted in the own goal. His work rate and energy levels are also very high at the moment.

Can we get back to the thread please.. Am I correct that Green can start to look for another club in January as his contract is up in the summer. So if anyone wanted him to join in January he would command a small fee like Commons did.

From past experience the fee would probably be equal to remaining months of his wages, again similar to Commons.

Personally I think he could be worth hanging onto. Just look at the quality of his cross against Crystal Palace that resulted in the own goal. His work rate and energy levels are also very high at the moment.

Quite right,

greenie looks a new man since he came back from injury, impressed with his attitude, fitness and all round play in what his not his best position.

Quite right,

greenie looks a new man since he came back from injury, impressed with his attitude, fitness and all round play in what his not his best position.

I think he is playing extremely well at right back and he gets forward when he can as well. Maybe Brayford will have to up his game to get his place back 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> I also think he could replace Ben Davies on the right flank as well. Davies is struggling at the moment

On the Ben Davies issue, my opinion is that players like Ben, Cywka and others are OK but will never be world beaters. If you have a Commons in the team, then "busy" players like those two look good. They are not capable of delivering that match winning goal or pass on their own - few are to be fair - so their strength is linking up and doing a lot of the groundwork for that type of player.

We possible have too many groundworkers and not enough architects to demolish teams easily. Unfortunately, the flair players don't come cheaply.

I quite agree, Ward is our top player at the moment. But sometimes he can be quite frustrating as he tries to much trickery rather than getting the ball in the box. Perhaps if Green moved back to right midfield he could put some crosses in as well

Archived