Green not staying next season

Boycie

Clough said at a question and answer charity do last night that he does not want to stay, but wants one last big move prior to the euro's in the summer.

So that's it then, he better play well then if he is putting himself in the shop window.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's played very well for the last two. Thought him and Roberts were the best players today.

Some people don't rate Green to highly. I guess because he's a jack of all trades and master of none. When you need someone to get a hold of the game, he can't really do it.

I think he's very tidy though. Good squad player, can keep things rather tidy. Pretty intelligent. He's usually a 7/10 guy. For some people i guess that makes him reliable, for others it means he's not giving a struggling side the push it needs.

Good luck to the fella. It's not been an easy stay for him and he's never let us down. Nigel felt he let us down in the 5-2 defeat. But Green isn't a leader is he? Thought that was a bit unfair at the time.

I liked him, but I don't blame him for wanting a money move. Being at Donny all that time, and getting a free to Derby is all he's had to date.

The agents run discussions, Clough said he doesn't talk to players about staying or going, it's all done through the agents.

I reckon he is one of our highest earners so clough won't be too bothered that he's going. Have we got enough cover? Hendrick, Bailey, Bryson. A bit light in that department so Clough will probably want to sign a 'john eustace type player' to replace him.

big disappointment that he is moving, was very good today and has shown what he is capable of. However I don't blame him, this derby team won't achieve success soon e.g. promotion and that is what we would have to do if we wanted to keep him and players of his caliber.

i was only guessing - but you can see it happening - add it all to his chosen international team....

good luck to him i say.

i did hear that he already had 'options'

I hope he goes early in jan for a small fee , and we use the free wages to get someone in midfield with an experienced head.

Archived