Atwell at it again

sage

Everyone's favourite ref came up with two more crackers today.

He gave Cahill a straight red for denying a clear scoring opportunity, when he fouled Parker 50 yards out in the outside left position.

He later failed to give the most blatant of penalties.

How he is reffing in the Prem baffles me.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a Radio 5 discussion about him earlier....he really is one of the worst referees ever to grace the game of football. Apparently he was fast tracked because of how well he did in tests.

It reminds me of some of the graduates at work who are fast tracked into management positions before being quietly moved aside when people realise they are entirely clueless and cost the business money with ridiculous decisions...

Refs abroad don't get half the abuse the english do..

English refs are either that bad or managers/players/fans alike in England really are a bunch of moaning gits

I've seen some dire ref performances but I've also seen some managers throw their toys out of the pram for the smallest incidents.. Clough is a big culprit of this, he's always in the ear of the 4th offiial.. but he in half as bad as the likes of Warnock and Wenger. It's embarassing no manager does that abroad

Refs abroad don't get half the abuse the english do..

English refs are either that bad or managers/players/fans alike in England really are a bunch of moaning gits

I've seen some dire ref performances but I've also seen some managers throw their toys out of the pram for the smallest incidents.. Clough is a big culprit of this, he's always in the ear of the 4th offiial.. but he in half as bad as the likes of Warnock and Wenger. It's embarassing no manager does that abroad

Kettle Pot Black!

Up the Rams!

<p>

But he'll still ref in the top tiers. What do you have to do as a referee to be dropped??

He's worse than Atwell.

I have to disagree with you there, mate, Atwell's decision to give a goal that was 6 yards wide with a striker trying to 'clear it off the line' puts him behind everyone else and almost every match he has officiated he has became the focal point of the after match talk. And it's not just in high profile games that he makes the mistakes, when the pressure is off. Although I feel he is the victim of another brilliant idea by the FA of fast tracking referees before they are ready.

Archived