public sector workers strike

Dangerous

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably left of centre if you had to place me on the economic spectrum. I sympathise with the public sector workers' cause, but I do think strikes are becoming outdated.

As has been said, if governments give in to a strike, the end result is disastrous. If they don't give in and the unions keep striking, the end result is also disastrous.

The public sector needs an intelligent argument. If they get militant, the government, right-wing press and the police will get the war horns out.

This is what you get with a Torie government.

I think the problem is unions only have the strike as a major means of making a moral stance in a serious debate such as this. What would the unions do in this situation without the power to strike? unless every employee stated that it was a breach of contract, and left employment then they would be able to make as many moral and social arguments as they wanted, it wouldn't matter the government wouldn't care and would do what they want.

cheers boycie i will 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />, your first bit is true as well i think, though i would have to fact check it in history to be sure 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Have a report on my desk first thing YR.

It wasn't a small firm, a small workplace. I was also branch secretary for 150 people. Nationwide the firm is the biggest provider of its services in the country.

(null)

Wheel tappers and shunters union?

Who is this (null)? If I don't find out, I'm going to work to rule.

It's the stupid update to the IPB app, it keeps adding it. And if I type too much it goes off the bottom of the screen and I can't see what I'm typing. It's cack.

I was actually part of PCS but in one of the private sector companies they represent staff from.

(null)

New Tapatalk update is out, just this minute updated the files

Update note:

1. add notification type support when subscribe(follow in ipboard)

2. add multi quote support when posting

3. add search and online user display permission check

4. add emoji package

5. fix display name issue topic/post result

6. fix password protected forum group exception issue

7. fix image upload size limit issue

8. fix ipb sphinx issue

9. fix reply number issue

10. fix short content issue in latest view

IPB 3.2 specific issue fix:

1. fix board statistic issue

2. fix avatar upload issue

3. fix report post/pm permission issue

4. fix online user issue

5. fix posting issue when it need approval before display

6. fix search topic/post issue

7. fix go to first unread post position issue

8. fix latest topic view time issue

9. fix subscribed topic view incorrect data issue

10. fix sub only forum status issue

It's the stupid update to the IPB app, it keeps adding it. And if I type too much it goes off the bottom of the screen and I can't see what I'm typing. It's cack.

I was actually part of PCS but in one of the private sector companies they represent staff from.

(null)

One both counts, I'm still none the wiser.

The union reps at the carriage and wagon used to ride around on their bikes stirring up trouble. They did no proper work, just union stuff.

Cushie little number brothers and sisters, are you with me?

Some reps are guilty of being ***** Boycie - some are not. It seems even the good ones who fight for their work mates get slated too.

I have come across a few ***** sparkies in my time - but that doesn't mean you are does it?

There are some and some the world over aren't there?

Archived