public sector workers strike

Dangerous

I'm glad that you think that there are some excellent teachers. Too right there are.

But, please, don't assume I'm gullible, that is your opinion and you are welcome to it, I daresay I've got more life experience than you can even begin to imagine and base my opinions on what I see, but why bring Tom Glick into it? And where, exactly, in any of my posts in any thread have I referred to him? The subject matter being discussed here has nothing to do with him.

You were the one who tried to ridicule what I was saying, don't dish out the stick if you can't take it back.

Like I said there are some good teachers out there but nowhere near enough.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You were the one who tried to ridicule what I was saying, don't dish out the stick if you can't take it back.

Like I said there are some good teachers out there but nowhere near enough.

Oh I can take it alright and if I think someone is talking ******, I'll say so.

I repeat, you're talking ******. I'll tell it how it is aswell. Like it or not, I really couldn't give a flying rats ass.

I repeat, you're talking ******. I'll tell it how it is aswell. Like it or not, I really couldn't give a flying rats ass.

I'm giggling Ladyram, I'm giggling. Tis the voddy though.

How you say "you go girl"

As a PGCE student I have first hand experience of the workload of teachers. It's huge.

The vast majority of teachers at the school I'm at are there until well after 4pm the school day ends well before that.

Teachers always need to take books home for marking, mist having several classes to mark for. And then there is lesson planning.

In my opinion based on first hand experience to say they are lazy is shocking and in correct generalisation.

Oion the pension issue and the supposed gold played pension. I left a PRIVATE sector pension scheme with 10 years service and that has accrued me a larger annual pension than the average public sector worker will get after 40 years service. Tell me are the public sector pensions that enter than the private sector,

(null)

A teachers workload is not huge. The actual hours they are contracted to do amounts to a part-time job over a year and they have lessons off to do marking, planning etc in the school day. This happens in Primary school now as well as secondary. Also some mark during lessons.

I have worked coaching kids all over Derbyshire for years and most teachers are on their toes before 4, nothing wrong with that that is their contract. What is wrong is them striking and depriving children of a days school and inconveniencing parents who are paying their wages and the majority of their pensions. Especially when they are on a good thing and got years of generous settlements. You have to take the rough with the smooth in life.

Only the top 12% of Private Sector pensions match the guarantees and security of a Public Sector pension.

Am just warming up babes 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

good keep going 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> and IANM your last point is an argument for making private sector pensions better not destroying public sector pensions.

You can tell somebody is losing the argument when they start swearing. Are you a teacher or is a relative a teacher?

I have done a lot a different jobs I know a hard job from an easy one. I have a lot more sympathy to middle to low paid workers in local councils, providing essential services who are sweating on their jobs and will be for several years not knowing when the axe will fall than teachers who quite frankly are on a good deal.

good keep going 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> and IANM your last point is an argument for making private sector pensions better not destroying public sector pensions.

How can you make private sector pensions better, most businesses in this country employ 4 people or less. A lot are struggling to generate enough money to pay the staff let alone offer pensions.

How can you make private sector pensions better, most businesses in this country employ 4 people or less. A lot are struggling to generate enough money to pay the staff let alone offer pensions.

give people more of a share in the business to start with, or set aside a percentage of the profit of the company for a pension scheme along with people saving. There are other measures which could be undertaken as well. My point is still valid though, just because private sector pensions are garbage doesn't mean you should lower public sector pensions.

Also, how you know the majority of teachers don't work hard is beyond me. You know some teachers who work hard, some who don't, I know many who do and a minority who don't. Please don't state something you can't substantiate like "most teachers don't work hard" also as my sister is completing a teaching course, i can tell you the planning in her case takes up a lot of her time at home.

actually our banks compared to the rest of Europe are well capitalized and relatively safe, I am not saying they aren't at risk but certainly not as badly as french or german banks as far as I am aware. Also the plan to reduce the deficit is flawed, the problem with Osbournes credit card analogy is that a country is far more complex than a household. His cuts have caused us to go backwards and borrow more therefore increasing the deficit, therefore cutting harshly can be more expensive than more mild cutting and mild spending. The country won't grow properly for a while, even the OBR predictions in 2013-2015 are reliant upon the eurozone being fine and dandy which in reality won't happen.

The Labour Cuts would have been almost the same 6 to 7 % less severe on Mr Darling's plans. No matter who got in charge there would have been Public Sector pension changes and severe cuts.

My issue with what the coalition have done is they have gone for the councils unfairly hard and comparably barely touched other areas. It's easy for Mr Balls to criticise in the safety of opposition but if those Interest Rates go up as he knows the party in charge would become unelectable.

No, don't do it ladyram, don't rise to the guy who knows nowt about what teachers do.

Don't rise and try and explain that the teachers I know, whilst having time at school to do lesson plans, have to continue at home because a good teacher does it properly and ensures it can't be a half assed attempt.

Don't mention the fact that a lot of teachers have approx. 1 hour with their families of an evening and barely any at weekends.

Just don't mention it because it would be just a waste of time, effort, and breath.

Polite qt mods ( I can't ask Dav as he's away doing lesson plans) but is there an ignore button I can hit? because Ian, I just can't stand you and prefer not to read anything you say. The feeling may be mutual, in which case, I'd advise you to hit the same button.

You can tell somebody is losing the argument when they start swearing. Are you a teacher or is a relative a teacher?

I have done a lot a different jobs I know a hard job from an easy one. I have a lot more sympathy to middle to low paid workers in local councils, providing essential services who are sweating on their jobs and will be for several years not knowing when the axe will fall than teachers who quite frankly are on a good deal.

Yep, that's the way. Act all self righteous if you must. However, it's still ******.

the labour cuts would have been less severe, the pace at which they would have been done would have been different as well. I am not a labour supporter by the way i just disagree with what is happening at the moment. Interest rates within the bond rate wouldn't necessarily go up with less severe cut backs, at the moment for example we are borrowing 156 billion more than Osbourne predicted because of the rate of the cuts which creates a lack of growth.

I like how you answer NONE of my points and just ask different questions.

No, don't do it ladyram, don't rise to the guy who knows nowt about what teachers do.

Don't rise and try and explain that the teachers I know, whilst having time at school to do lesson plans, have to continue at home because a good teacher does it properly and ensures it can't be a half assed attempt.

Don't mention the fact that a lot of teachers have approx. 1 hour with their families of an evening and barely any at weekends.

Just don't mention it because it would be just a waste of time, effort, and breath.

Polite qt mods ( I can't ask Dav as he's away doing lesson plans) but is there an ignore button I can hit? because Ian, I just can't stand you and prefer not to read anything you say. The feeling may be mutual, in which case, I'd advise you to hit the same button.

There is such a button, but a bit like the G spot, I'm not sure where it is?

Ask Daveo, he knows what buttons to press.

Archived