public sector workers strike

Dangerous

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

give people more of a share in the business to start with, or set aside a percentage of the profit of the company for a pension scheme along with people saving. There are other measures which could be undertaken as well. My point is still valid though, just because private sector pensions are garbage doesn't mean you should lower public sector pensions.

Also, how you know the majority of teachers don't work hard is beyond me. You know some teachers who work hard, some who don't, I know many who do and a minority who don't. Please don't state something you can't substantiate like "most teachers don't work hard" also as my sister is completing a teaching course, i can tell you the planning in her case takes up a lot of her time at home.

Public Sector pensions are not been lowered, they are being asked to contribute more themselves and the taxpayer less. A lot of small business does not make profit to pay any pensions with. You go and ask the landlord at the local pub, or the proprietor of the local shop whether he has enough spare to contribute to a pension for his staff.

I have not said they don't work hard but the majority just do what they are contracted to do and that's it.

Public Sector pensions are not been lowered, they are being asked to contribute more themselves and the taxpayer less. A lot of small business does not make profit to pay any pensions with. You go and ask the landlord at the local pub, or the proprietor of the local shop whether he has enough spare to contribute to a pension for his staff.

I have not said they don't work hard but the majority just do what they are contracted to do and that's it.

again you make a statement you can't substantiate "I have not said they don't work hard but the majority just do what they are contracted to do and that's it." Actually some people are paying more, working longer and receiving less ianm. Well the shopkeeper doesn't have to employee someone, i have a shopkeeper who owns the shop himself with no help, the same with the local chippy, florist and butcher.

Yep, that's the way. Act all self righteous if you must. However, it's still ******.

No its not ****** at all. If you think that the majority of teachers work more than they are contracted to do then you are either very nieve or live in cloud cuckoo land.

No its not ****** at all. If you think that the majority of teachers work more than they are contracted to do then you are either very nieve or live in cloud cuckoo land.

your backing up a phrase you cannot substantiate inanm, I have said this 3 times now, please stop it.

again you make a statement you can't substantiate "I have not said they don't work hard but the majority just do what they are contracted to do and that's it." Actually some people are paying more, working longer and receiving less ianm. Well the shopkeeper doesn't have to employee someone, i have a shopkeeper who owns the shop himself with no help, the same with the local chippy, florist and butcher.

I live in the real world how many people would work extra and not get paid any more for it. The vast majority would not teachers or anybody else, I certainly wouldn't and nor would my wife who is a teacher.

What I would not be doing is pretending to be hard done to when actually you are on a good deal.

He swore! Is he losing?

It's a bit like watching American football, you can never tell.

I live in the real world how many people would work extra and not get paid any more for it. The vast majority would not teachers or anybody else, I certainly wouldn't and nor would my wife who is a teacher.

What I would not be doing is pretending to be hard done to when actually you are on a good deal.

you talk rot, what about people who care passionately what they are doing and are not totally self centered? generally people don't go into nursing or teaching for the pay packet, it's because they love it and want to help others. Actually some could lose tends of thousands of pounds through this "good" deal, we don't have good pensions in Britain unlike in Germany.

Lady ram when will you be sending your xmas cards out? I presume ianm will be top of the list.

Sadly no - mine have already been written. There's none left now, a shame but ni' mind.

You are trying to be clever. Everybody will be working longer the pension age is going up to 67 for all, the vast majority will not get a worse pension result they are just having to pay more in themselves, which is fair still the taxpayer will fund the majority.

I have been accused of not knowing what I am talking about but my Mrs is a teacher and a damned good one and I know what she gets and what she does. She knows she is on a god thing but unlike a lot of others in that profession she did other things before becoming a teacher so she appreciates it. Her school stayed open yesterday.

Archived