We never replaced [insert name]

Ambitious

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In recent times....Rob Hulse.

It depends on the time gap as sooner or later, perhaps a decade later, a replacement comes along.

A world class centre half like McFarland for example, it took another 20 years or so for Stimac to turn up, so 2015 and we're due another one.

In recent times....Rob Hulse.

It depends on the time gap as sooner or later, perhaps a decade later, a replacement comes along.

A world class centre half like McFarland for example, it took another 20 years or so for Stimac to turn up, so 2015 and we're due another one.

Perhaps a little harsh on Mark Wright, but I agree that Igor Stimac was a once in a generation player, I'm not sure we'll ever see someone of that standard again. :-(

And won.....? Nothing.

doesn't matter he assembled the best technical squad we had in years, davies had millions, if burley had been given that we would be doing better than we are now. Also i didn't say he won anything, but we didn't adequately replace him and in my mind, we haven't had someone in the same mold since.

doesn't matter he assembled the best technical squad we had in years, davies had millions, if burley had been given that we would be doing better than we are now. Also i didn't say he won anything, but we didn't adequately replace him and in my mind, we haven't had someone in the same mold since.

And you know that, how? Because how well he did with southampton after us? Or palace?orScotland?

Take off the rose tinted glasses, he won nothing, in fact, who was the bloke who knocked him out of the play offs..? I forget.

And you know that, how? Because how well he did with southampton after us? Or palace?orScotland?

Take off the rose tinted glasses, he won nothing, in fact, who was the bloke who knocked him out of the play offs..? I forget.

well in my mind we haven't adequately replaced him, we played wonderful football and he brought in the best players we have had for a long time for a pittance. We haven't had the manager in the same mold since, therefore i don't think we adequately replaced him, it wasn't a question of what did george burley win and what has he done since therefore the majority of your post as per usual is off the topic and pointless.

Archived