We never replaced [insert name]

Ambitious

Back to the opening post - Chris Powell was replaced by Tony Dorigo, turned out to be a bad call as he suffered with injuries and lasted 2 years while Powell went on forever but when fit Dorigo was a good left back and I would say he was the last good LB we had.

The obvious one for me is Igor - we've had good CB's and have a decent couple now but he just seemed to have enough belief for the whole team - didn't matter who we were playing he thought we should win and truly believed he was the best player on the pitch - Eranio was special too but unlike him we had Igor in his prime and he remains the best player I have seen in a Derby shirt.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the opening post - Chris Powell was replaced by Tony Dorigo, turned out to be a bad call as he suffered with injuries and lasted 2 years while Powell went on forever but when fit Dorigo was a good left back and I would say he was the last good LB we had.

The obvious one for me is Igor - we've had good CB's and have a decent couple now but he just seemed to have enough belief for the whole team - didn't matter who we were playing he thought we should win and truly believed he was the best player on the pitch - Eranio was special too but unlike him we had Igor in his prime and he remains the best player I have seen in a Derby shirt.

Stefan Schnoor was his replacement at 1st

Ahh Stefan good shot on him but not the quickest on the turn, they joined quite close together I think but Schnoor ended up playing on the Left of 3 CB's most of the time (at least that is how I remember it) with Dorigo as LB.
Schnoor came in the Summer and tony came in the November, debut might of been forest away? Just remember Schnoor being *****!

We never replaced the majority of Jim Smiths team. Financial restrictions had a significant role in that, but so did poor judgement. Fabrizio Ravanelli, Daryll Powell, Warren Barton, Rob Lee, Mikkel Beck and I could go on. We spent stupid amounts of cash on garbage and paid the price, not to mention the fact that Jim Smith wasn't adequately replaced when Lionel gave him the elbow.

John Gregory, now those were bad times... we could barely even pass the ball to eachother!

Never replaced baiano or eranio in my opinion!!

The creativity them pair had was unbelievable, we used to go to pride park and wether it was arsenal or it was palace u were expecting derby to score 3 or 4 every game!

When they left we seemed to lose our swagger, we got kinky in but he was never a patch on them pair!

Also Paul McGrath, although I loved stimac I believe that if we never had McGrath that first prem season then derby would of gone down! Couldn't train n couldn't run yet organised derby brilliantly

There have been so many bad decisions by managers down the years, it's difficult to know where to start.

Selling Goddard was one that really did me, and getting Spencer Prior in when Igor left, I could've cried.

Spencer Prior was great, obviously not a patch on Stimac, but great none the less.

The club, like all clubs, is littered with bad decisions, the worst, obviously, was moving from the greatest football stadia in the world to Lego land.

Spencer Prior was great, obviously not a patch on Stimac, but great none the less.

The club, like all clubs, is littered with bad decisions, the worst, obviously, was moving from the greatest football stadia in the world to Lego land.

You've got to be joking, watching Prior hoof every ball into the top tier when he had all the time in the world was painful in the extreme, like eating at Little Chef after lunching at the Ritz.

Archived