Lewis Mcgugan

RotherhamRam

I know this is a surprising rumour and one I laughed at first until I considered the person who was telling me had predicted Bailey, Brayford and Shackell before it even got published that we were interested in them.

The rumour is that Derby and Forest are in talks in respect of a transfer. Personally I find this hard to believe seeing he was their top scorer last yr and has started 11 out 14 games at the moment.

However if this was true this would be a great signing for Derby. 1) it would reall pis the scum off 2) it could be the midfielder we are after in the middle that we have wanted all season.

Now with Doughty slowly withdrawing money and the debt they have it may be one that they have to look at selling. The other side of this was I understand the talks were ongoing when Maclaren was there and the new manager syndrome may stop this from progressing.

I for one would love this rumour for once to be correct but personally I can not see it at this moment in time. The money is not there for loans and the board have said they needed to offload players before bringing more in.

Don't shoot this thread down as I know it is a rumour and we all probably know will not happen.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like total nonsense to be honest! But just to mention one factor which might make it slightly possible we might get somebody on loan. Pearson is set to join Brizzle. so that should at least free up some wages for a possible signing after the international break.

Its getting a bit tedious now, all their best players wanting to play for Derby. Commons, Tyson, now McGugan......It must be like having a better looking mate who yer girlfriend always fancies............................... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

And all our **** cast offs eventually make their way to Snottingham, both players and managers.

• 2 weeks later...

Mcgugan would be a very good signing, I rate him very highly and certainly for me Forest best player.

However, since it is well know that he cannot stand Derby County, we'd have to pull out all the stops to bring him here and I don't think it will happen.

I'm sure he tells all The forest lot that, yes.

I have a friend who works within derby county, and he told me during the summer that mcgugan had had 3 tours around pp with different people, including his fam as well as a meal here!!

In the summer he was on prem radar but lets be honest he hasn't exactly pulled any trees up ( no pun intended) this season!! Maybe was a one season wonder, also he may have become dissilusioned at forest with all the dramas there!

Who knows?? ( apart from Boyce, cos he knows everything, n is never wrong ;-) ... ) time will tell

Archived