Maguire shines to give boss food for thought

Day

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry you can not drop Ben Davies he is the only one who can put a cross in and his dead ball is by far the best in the team. I would play Maguire up front with Bryson, Ben Davies and Ward if we went to that formation

Good point. Davies free kicks and corners always make me think we have a goal in us.

Davies, Maguire and Ward sounds alright to me.

See my post on the page where we discussed his injury... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

and remember, some people use all sorts of phatic dialog on here.......

ooh am I being told of!! so I have to go through every thread first before I post in another thread just in case something might have been missed.!! although it was kind of you to suggest I look back through your posts.

I must learn to use more smilies as well 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I sit in the East Stand, towards the North so didn't have the best view - but it looked like the ball scrambled over the line rather than Maguire taking it very well? Am I wrong? Please tell me. I guess I'll see it on the Football League Show anyway.

I sit in the East Stand, towards the North so didn't have the best view - but it looked like the ball scrambled over the line rather than Maguire taking it very well? Am I wrong? Please tell me. I guess I'll see it on the Football League Show anyway.

Well, before you see it with your own eye's, it was a cool finish.

(you'll see the truth later on no doubt)

spot on post emj -look how theo defended after they hit the bar. (see highlights on FLS)

their movement was far too much for pompey.

lets not forget the two other chances maguire had well saved and the one ward had that flashed across the box.

first half the attacking play/movement was brilliant.

Sounds like Clough was not impressed with Maguire at all last night. Saw that he got taken off early in the second half. Maguire said that he gave Bennett no help at all up front. What did you rekon of his display against Cardiff? Did Cwyka do any better?

Out of interest, which other midfielder would you have played in there? We only have 2 fit central midfielders at the moment, so unless you're advocating playing someone out of position (which Clough is being moaned at for elsewhere), or throwing in another unproven academy lad, we had no option.

Archived